Windows 10: windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using...

Discus and support windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows 10 home version: 1903 OS build: 18362.657 Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP minidump:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by siliocon, Feb 16, 2020.

1. siliocon Win User

windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using...

windows 10 home

version: 1903

OS build: 18362.657

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGPi7LeX0J7gcgbae_aJWO-wnKHSA?e=j4Uz2t

If I try to use betterjoy it crashes.

Even without betterjoyforcemu driver uninstalled if I unplug the controller in device manager or steam I get a bsod.

I did uninstall hid guardian driver can not see it running on task manager but it still crashes

:)

siliocon, Feb 16, 2020
  2. IvanWong5 Win User

[Windows 10 BSOD] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD always appears when I try to update Windows 10 or reset the PC.

I've tried many solutions, such as:

-Disconnecting external devices

-Booting in safe mode

-Memory diagnostic

-chkdsk

none of which worked. Any suggestions to this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IvanWong5, Feb 16, 2020
  3. mickgrant Win User
    Win 10 Pro BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

I have reason to believe the BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap occurring on my Win 10 Pro is caused by an UNFRIENDLY DRIVER installed by Trend Micro Anti Virus.

I fully clean Installed Win 10 Pro from the disk and started again.

All was fine until I rebooted after installing Trend Micro Maximum Security then the BSOD and error re-occurred.

After restoring my PC to a time before the install all is well.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

mickgrant, Feb 16, 2020
  4. windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using...

unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Do you get the error message/BSOD only when you uninstall, reinstall, etc third party app?

The error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. This trap could be a
    bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

To know the exact cause of the BSOD, I suggest that you provide the Dump files that were produced when the error occurred, or the Event ID from your Event Viewer which was recorded during the time of the crash.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using...

1. windows 10 bsod: kernel mode trap when I unplug switch pro controller or use it using... - Similar Threads - bsod kernel mode

2. Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10: I have started having trouble with my Dell Inspiron 15 Windows 10 laptop.I uninstalled and reinstalled my Family Tree Maker 2019 software due to a problem I was having with it. The problem with that appears fixed but I’m now getting BSOD showing Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap....
  3. Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10: I have started having trouble with my Dell Inspiron 15 Windows 10 laptop.I uninstalled and reinstalled my Family Tree Maker 2019 software due to a problem I was having with it. The problem with that appears fixed but I’m now getting BSOD showing Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap....
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Intel Gaming Inspiron 15 that has recently been blue screening with the error Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. I have not installed any new hardware recently, I have updated Windows and all drivers from OEM and/or developer websites to their latest...
  5. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Hello, sorry if I've ran over a few rules first time posting but I've encountered a problem. Every time I try to connect a bluetooth device to my hp 15-da0007tx laptop. I've run bluescreenview and it tells me that ntoskrnl.exe is the cause. However after reading for a while...
  7. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: I got the following BSOD today. Ran the typical gamut of system tests dism, sfc, memory diagnostic and didn't find any issues. No temperature issues or other event viewer errors and nothing is overclocked unless you count the XMP profile for my RAM.This is the .dmp file I...
  8. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Greetings!Ive been encountering a lot of problems in my computer last few week.Last time it was a driver issue problem solvedNow it generated this BSOD. "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" . Can someone help me to identify the problem?Here is the DMP...
  9. Help BSOD Kernel trap mode

Help BSOD Kernel trap mode: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AomLSbNcRsxg8H3nAlbignYdET_3?e=Dvfzh7 https://1drv.ms/t/s!AomLSbNcRsxg8H6LCKqlbArxXasK?e=TrREnO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-bsod-kernel-trap-mode/2ace3c8a-73fe-4bb4-98e9-17b0f4921c85
  10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD: Hello, I've been having an issue where I get a BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while playing the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC. From what I understand this issue is caused by out of date drivers. I have run windows update to make sure I have my most recent drivers...