Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and I've gotten BSOD's numerous times everyday that I've used it. I've been through all of the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cmorgan76, Oct 7, 2019.

1. cmorgan76 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day

I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and I've gotten BSOD's numerous times everyday that I've used it. I've been through all of the troubleshooting tips and guides online, but nothing helps. I've installed a fresh copy of Windows, ran numerous scans, updated the BIOS, updated all drivers, ran malware scans, etc...

This morning my dump file showed that Teams.exe was the culprit, so I disabled it at startup and used the web client instead. Now it appears that pshed.dll and hall.dll are the likely culprits

A zipped folder of my dump files can be found here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbdX2JwPeL5RsNBXI_bjv1WlUzCXI2G8/view?usp=sharing

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-R7NNR5H
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: Alienware m17 R2, Alienware
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
    RAM: 16959623168 bytes (15.8GB)

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Mon 10/7/2019 2:46:13 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9607EECB6028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\pshed.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/7/2019 2:43:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100719-12312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x47FE8)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFA383AD7D0028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/7/2019 1:30:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100719-19859-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF860CE4259028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/7/2019 12:44:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100719-18468-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8D083F0C4028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)

On Mon 10/7/2019 12:29:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100719-19562-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFB183BB42D028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)

On Mon 10/7/2019 12:15:33 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100719-20140-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF800569359028, 0xB2000000, 0x30005)

Conclusion
    6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

:)

cmorgan76, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day

BSOD on numerous servers

We have recently begun to get BSOD errors on numerous servers thoughout our estate. Each BSOD results in the following error Operating System failure (Windows bug check, STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800DD4B28AD, 0xFFFFD000D3BD1848,
    0xFFFFD000D3BD1060))

We have tried disabling SMBv1 & 2 and also disabling TCP offloading as these have been some of the suggestions we have found whilst trawling the internet looking for an explanation

John (Capita), Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day

1. Windows 10 BSOD numerous times a day - Similar Threads - BSOD numerous times

2. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD few times a day: Hello,I have tried so many fixes and re-installing and rolling back drivers and every BSOD is a different code. I have a few dump files. Please help anyone.....This all started today and does not make sense. The Latest Dump. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD few times a day: Hello,I have tried so many fixes and re-installing and rolling back drivers and every BSOD is a different code. I have a few dump files. Please help anyone.....This all started today and does not make sense. The Latest Dump. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD few times a day: Hello,My Windows 10 computer has been crashing a few times a day. I tried to view the DMP file created during the crash, but I'm not really sure what to make of it. Can someone please assist me? Thank you ahead of time!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD few times a day: Hello,My Windows 10 computer has been crashing a few times a day. I tried to view the DMP file created during the crash, but I'm not really sure what to make of it. Can someone please assist me? Thank you ahead of time!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD few times a day

8. Numerous BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous BSODs: I've been getting numerous BSODs Ranging from Kernel_Security_Check_Failure, Bad_System_Config_Info, KMode, etc. and sometimes showing an error code that is 0xc0000001, 0xc000021a telling me I'm missing some system files Winlogon.exe, etc. It only happened recently these...
  9. BSOD on Windows 10 Multiple Times a Day

BSOD on Windows 10 Multiple Times a Day: Hello. I BSOD mostly when playing video games, but it can happen about ten seconds after logging in to Windows occasionally. I'd like to know what the problem is. I put new thermal paste on my CPU today (temps were a bit high) and also replaced the GPU cable to try and solve...
  10. Numerous BSOD's

Numerous BSOD's: PC Specs: i5 - 6500 2x8 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 2133MHz (disabled XMP just in case -usually runs at 3200MHz) Windows 10 64-bit NOTE: This build be fresh, I installed most of my device drivers within the first few days of use So after tolerating a bunch of...