Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I have the following problem and was hoping that someone maybe experienced the same one and already solved it: Yesterday, a program on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PzKpfwIIIAusfL, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

Hey everyone! I have the following problem and was hoping that someone maybe experienced the same one and already solved it:

Yesterday, a program on my system crashed and I could not close it. Neither Alt+F4 nor the manual "x" worked, I couldn’t tab out of it and I could also not open task manager (because it would appear behind the problematic programm). After a while, I decided to restart the PC using Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Restart. When the PC rebooted, the lights on the keyboard started flickering, then, for about one second, the fan started to work on maximum speed and then my PC calmed down, the startup sound played and I was presented with a black screen. No cursor, nothing else. I decided to try again and had the same problem again. Tried resetting to a system restore point which didn’t change anything. Tried booting in safe mode which gave me the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD. Checked my hard drive using the command console, no errors on my hard drive found. Tried a system reset, but it failed (don’t want to try the reset where you lose your personal data yet because there’s still something I need on there). The automatic windows problem finding thingies (startup-help) could also not find any problems, needless to say. Just tried starting up the PC normally again and it gives out a BSOD.

Any ideas? I was suspecting a problem with a graphics driver (AMD graphics card), but in that case I should be able to enter safe mode, shouldn’t I?

If anyone has some quick ideas I could try, I'd be very thankful.

submitted by /u/PzKpfwIIIAusfL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PzKpfwIIIAusfL, May 28, 2020

2. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, May 28, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - BSOD Startup Safe

2. BSOD + Blue Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + Blue Safe Mode: I have been having problems with my computer for the last few months, but only recently had enough time to try and fix it.So far, I have had the following messages on my BSODs:-Memory Management-Kernel Security Check Failure-Store ? Data Structure Corruption-IRQ Not Less Or...
  3. BSOD but ok in safe mode

BSOD but ok in safe mode: why dose my pc crash to bsod with no error code but in safe mode its ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-but-ok-in-safe-mode/959f6313-9d8e-4578-b45e-2b281a664991
  4. BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work

BSOD loop at startup and safe mode doesn't work: Hello, I'm having an issue since two weeks now. I installed a software Pro Tools First on my PC Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH and it was working properly, I didn't notice anything strange. Then I shut down my PC and the next day, at startup, I got a BSOD with the error...
  5. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.: I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running...
  6. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup Even in Safe Mode

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup Even in Safe Mode: Ive tried using automatic repair and a system restore point from before this issue started and it still wont work. Ive tried booting with all my usb devices unplugged and that didnt work either. Not sure what to try next....
  7. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-recognized-in-safe-mode-startup/10256d94-460d-44b6-91b1-07023d2b3bb7
  8. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: my password & pin are not recognized when i start windows in the safe mode. they are both valid in the normal operating mode. What's causing this? Thanks, Dave Lewis...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode

Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode: Specs:i5-6600kGIGABYTE GA-Z170-MX 5 GAMING --> MSI Z270M MortarSamsung EVO 850 250GB SSDCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)WD 1TB HDD I installed some NVIDIA GTX1070 drivers around 2-3 months ago, and a week later I began to experience BSODs, usually...
  10. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...