Windows 10: Windows 10 BSoD post update

Discus and support Windows 10 BSoD post update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently did a windows 10 update and now my surface comes up with the blue screen of death. I can only access the CMD prompt as all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisWood1066, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BSoD post update

I recently did a windows 10 update and now my surface comes up with the blue screen of death. I can only access the CMD prompt as all other alternatives for assistance has failed.

Any ideas would be most helpful

Thx

:)

ChrisWood1066, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Jan 1, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 BSoD post update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSoD post update

1. Windows 10 BSoD post update - Similar Threads - BSoD post update

2. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  3. Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2: Hello to the Microsoft Community!This is my second post about the installation the 21H1 release. I have explained in my first post the tremendous problems that I have encountered with the installation and the communication infrastructure, which simply does not work.This post...
  4. BSOD on windows 10 laptop (first post)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on windows 10 laptop (first post): Hi guys. Here's a dropbox link to the zipfile: Dropbox - _zipIt.rar - Simplify your life I've been having some bluescreens occasionally the past month or so. Before this, a bluescreen would happen regularly and i even sent the laptop (which is max 9 months old) back and...
  5. BSOD Post

BSOD Post: So after looking around for a bit on how to post my dmp files, here's a link to the 3 most recent, plus system info on my Onedrive. I'm no computer expert, but my guess going in, on account of the notice of damaged hardware and the times my laptop loves to crashDownloading...
  6. Windows 10 CORRUPTED post automatic updates

Windows 10 CORRUPTED post automatic updates: Windows 10 pro failed to restart in normal after its automatic updates (in background). I have tried a number of attempts in Troubleshoots mode, with the following options but no luck, Start-up Repair Failed to enter Safemode The system just been restarting (as a cycle)...
  7. Post Windows update problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post Windows update problems.: I have a windows 10 hp laptop which had good performance in the beginning. But it is very disappointing and annoying to see new updates ready for installation because frankly speaking the only observable change post update is the reduced performance and drastically increased...
  8. Settings post-Windows 10 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings post-Windows 10 1803 Update: Hello. I am using an external mouse and would like to disable my touchpad (synaptics), but I see no options under Devices. I tried digging into Mouse Properties, and while it did give me an option to disable my external mouse, the button to disable the touchpad was fogged...
  9. Post computer rebuild bsods

Post computer rebuild bsods: Okay, recently a friend helped me update my windows desktop after some parts began failing. Seemed good for about a day, and then I started getting multiple bsods. The stopcodes I got were different each time, in order: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED WHAT FAILED:...
  10. BSOD - Posting Instructions

BSOD - Posting Instructions: BSOD - Posting Instructions *YouTube video player 1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below. [img] 2. Save the .exe file to your desktop or other convenient location. 3. Double click on the file to run it. 4. If prompted by UAC...