Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.e

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I began experiencing a frequent BSOD. Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE WhoCrashed says the following; This program checks for drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by curtixman, Sep 28, 2016.

1. curtixman Win User

Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.e

Recently I began experiencing a frequent BSOD.
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

WhoCrashed says the following;
    This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue (or black) screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program will help you find the root cause and possibly a solution.

Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue (or black) screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. It will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support

Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available.

Just click the Analyze button for a comprehensible report ...

Home Edition Notice
    This version of WhoCrashed is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition of WhoCrashed which allows you to perform more thorough and detailed analysis. It also offers a range of additional features such as remote analysis on remote directories and remote computers on the network.

Click here for more information on the professional edition.
    Click here to buy the the professional edition of WhoCrashed.

System Information (local)
    Computer name: DESKTOP-G4JKG8Q
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X99-DELUXE
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz Intel586, level: 6
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
    RAM: 29972819968 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 9/29/2016 12:05:57 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092816-12031-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A0B0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF868505218B00, 0xFFFFDE8198D0DCB0, 0xFFFF86851300EAB0)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 9/29/2016 12:05:57 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF868505218B00, 0xFFFFDE8198D0DCB0, 0xFFFF86851300EAB0)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/28/2016 1:51:32 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-12171-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF808F5BFFBE20, 0xFFFFF80093636CB0, 0xFFFF808F5DB4C640)

On Wed 9/28/2016 1:16:48 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-12609-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF8B0B33899920, 0xFFFFD7818ED06960, 0xFFFF8B0B2BB68AB0)

On Tue 9/27/2016 11:43:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-14812-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFC1047887F680, 0xFFFFD480FCBAA960, 0xFFFFC1047C46E960)

On Tue 9/27/2016 5:29:31 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-12921-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0xFF18)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFD700768D66B0, 0xFFFF918162FECCB0, 0xFFFFD7008037AA60)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
    description: Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/27/2016 8:00:05 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-12531-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6BA3F7)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9A80B5FD3038, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Tue 9/27/2016 6:33:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092716-12890-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8E8E43C268F8, 0x0, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Mon 9/26/2016 3:07:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092516-12218-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFC5831C769038, 0x0, 0x0)

On Fri 9/23/2016 1:14:23 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092216-9421-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvhda64v.sys (nvhda64v+0x833B)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0xFFFF8D00434998B8, 0xFFFF8D00434990E0)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvhda64v.sys
    product: NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvhda64v.sys (NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver, NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Conclusion
    10 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvhda64v.sys (NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver, NVIDIA Corporation)

:)

curtixman, Sep 28, 2016

2. Getting Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10 with error ntoskrnl.exe

Old title: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe 142760

I seem to be getting BSODs since the beginning of April relating to ntoskrnl.exe 142760, and I don't know what's causing it.

Currently on Windows 10 64-bit.

Here's my dumps:

Link not found

DarknessUK, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Recurring BSOD crashes after using specific software (Axure RP Pro)

The causes of the BSOD's are related to BAD_POOL_CALLER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION related to the drivers; ntoskrnl.exe+16c560 and win32kbase.sys

StefanoToledo, Sep 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.e [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.e - Similar Threads - BSOD related ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  4. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  6. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  7. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  8. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  9. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...
  10. Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming: Hello all! I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but it has been quite a while since that post [I'll link it here] and I have lacked the time. Nevertheless, since lowering the...
Tags: