Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This BSOD has been plaguing me for awhile now. It happens in a variety of weird instances. Playing videos embedded in web pages Playing videos in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jadors, May 6, 2016.

1. jadors Win User

Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos

This BSOD has been plaguing me for awhile now. It happens in a variety of weird instances.

• Playing videos embedded in web pages
    • Playing videos in Steam
    • Opening the League of Legends Launcher
    • Most recently, I began playing Overwatch and in game, changed the graphics settings to 'Ultra' and it immediately crashed. Now, even opening the game will crash it. I have deleted and reinstalled the game on a different hard drive, it makes no difference.

My computer is old with some new hardware added on over time (so I guess its just the hard drives that are old. I installed a new SSD where I installed to OS. The other hard drives are from 2010)

:)

jadors, May 6, 2016

2. Movies and Video not working

My HP laptop was running Windows 7 64 bit and then 8.1 successfully, including no issues with movies or video, but since upgrade to 10 most videos don't play first up and some won't play at all. If I double click on the video screen it sometimes shows the
    image or if I select full screen when it isn't working it may also sometimes play ok in that mode, but not always. Also I use a lot of video and movies embedded in PowerPoint, but since the upgrade they all show a message on the timeline "Can't play Media",
    including PowerPoints that worked perfectly prior to Windows 10. The videos are a combination of MP3, MP4, Mov and WMV all of which worked seamlessly previously directly on screen and also when embedded in PowerPoints and triggered to play.

Help. How can I restore this function to where it was?

JohnCareyAust, May 6, 2016
  3. Various videos will not play Re you tube or videos embedded in variuos website.

Various videos will not play Re you tube or videos embedded in variuos website.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Arthur JCasual, May 6, 2016
  4. jadors Win User

Alright, I am running step 1 as we speak.

Running Prime95 for 3 hours.

jadors, May 7, 2016
  5. jadors Win User
    Ran for 3.5 hours with no errors.

I will get started on step 2 here shortly.

Attachment 78823

jadors, May 8, 2016
  6. jadors Win User
    Alright, sorry for the delay.

I had to get a USB, then life happened etc...

Anyways, I ran Memtest86 and an error occurred!

I have attached a screen shot that I took with my phone.

https://i.imgur.com/3nkWjVn.jpg

I know the next steps say to try different RAM slots; how do I know which stick/slot failed?

jadors, May 31, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    That is explained in part 3 of the tutorial *Smile

8. jadors Win User

Thanks for the quick reply!

OK, I switched to the 2 other RAM slots and got the same error message. But the message is a bit cryptic - how do I know what slot failed?

Is it both sticks of RAM or just one?

The fields I see are:

Tst Pass Failing Address Good Bad Err-Bits Count CPU

I dont see where it indicates which slot/stick of RAM is failing (or both).

Oh - reading up on other forums - am I supposed to now only do 1 single stick and test it in each slot?

jadors, May 31, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    What you see is about the error detected, but MemTest86+ does NOT show what slot/stick is faulty.

To find out what slot/stick is faulty you need to switch each stick in each (used) slot and run the test each time until either an error is detected or 8 completed passes have passed. This is explained in part 3 of the tutorial.

10. jadors Win User
    I now tested each stick individually in slot 0.

Stick A I ran overnight and in the morning I got an error. It said something like 9 passes 6 errors.

Stick B I ran for 6 hours yesterday afternoon and I got 6 passes (edit: rereading, you said it needs 8 passes, my fuzzy memory thought it was 6, so I will run again), no errors. But when I use just Stick B in slot 0, I still get a BSOD doing the same activities as before (playing embedded videos and certain video game launchers).

So, I will be testing each stick individually in each slot unless you advise me to do otherwise.

Then it is on to tests 3 and 4.

My thoughts so far:

• Testing stick A did throw an error, so that RAM is bad (?)
    • Stick B has no errors, but I still get a BSOD - so I need to continue the other tests (3 and 4)
    • I'm beginning to feel that my MOBO is bad

jadors, Jun 9, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    If this is with 6 passes then let me know what your thoughts are when 8 passes have finished *Smile
    Please do not forget to test the other slot too.

12. jadors Win User
    I now tested each stick individually in slot 0.

Stick A I ran overnight and in the morning I got an error. It said something like 9 passes 6 errors.

Stick B I ran for 8 hours last night and I got 13 passes, no errors. But when I use just Stick B in slot 0, I still get a BSOD doing the same activities as before (playing embedded videos and certain video game launchers).

jadors, Jun 10, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Test it properly, each stick in each slot, before you continue doing something else!

14. jadors Win User
    Yes, sir, I will keep plowing ahead.

jadors, Jun 10, 2016
  15. jadors Win User
    I finished testing each stick by itself in each slot.

Stick A:
    Slot 0 error
    Slot 1 error
    Slot 2 pass
    Slot 3 error

Stick B:
    Slot 0 pass
    Slot 1 pass
    Slot 2 pass
    Slot 3 pass

jadors, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE when playing embedded videos - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEAA_UNCORRECTABLE playing

2. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  3. Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in any browser: I had to do a restore point the other day to a couple weeks ago. Now Windows 11 will not play embedded videos in Edge, Chrome or Thorium. Most specifically necn.com/weather I can do youtubes and any video I have on the pc with VLC. Only embedded videos on a browser was...
  4. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video: So ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 I have a very weird bug.Sometimes games i have noticed this in dota2 and csgo will start to horrendously lag, my fps counter will still state something upwards of 30-60 and fluctuate heavily though it is usually higher and somewhat...
  5. Frequent BSOD when playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD when playing video games: In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game. My specs Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF CPU - Intel i5-6500 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 RAM - Teamgroup-UD4-2400 2x8GB SSD - Sandisk SDSSDA 480GB...
  6. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint: I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both computers and I embedded it in PP on each computer. I'm using PP 365. Is this a codec issue?...
  7. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  8. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  9. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601
  10. Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Embedded wmv streaming video not playing in Windows 10: Hi All, My website is using Windows Media Service for video streaming. It works well for IE on Windows 7 and 8. But it won't play the video after I installed the Windows 10. Can anyone help for the issue? PS. My website is provide video streaming like Windows Media test...