Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When Installing The Radeon RX5500XT Driver My PC Always Bluescreens Specs CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k @3.60GHz RAM: 32GB GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by access user 2010, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver

When Installing The Radeon RX5500XT Driver My PC Always Bluescreens

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k @3.60GHz

RAM: 32GB

GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 5500xt 8GB

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151

OS Build: Windows 10 1909 18363.815

Network: TP-Link Archer

PCI: USB 3 Controller

Just To Know The BIOS Has Been Updated To Support The Intel Core i7 9700k. Ive Already Installed The Update

:)

access user 2010, Sep 18, 2020

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics adapter driver

You may have seen my previous posts on this issue: it began for me with the 1709 release of Windows 10. Getting BSOD crashes because of 'Thread Stuck In Device Driver' with the driver for the Radeon R7 M265 adapter.

I have kept the adapter disabled to allow Windows update to accumulate and hopefully resolve the problem. I am now at Windows 10 1709 334.

I installed AMD's latest driver from their support web site yesterday (dated 22 March 2018 version 23.30.15033.5003) and this ran OK. Note that I had deinstalled and deleted all previous AMD drivers before performing that installation.

However, this morning's Window Update overwrote that driver with the same one that has been the source of the BSOD crashes in the past (dated 22 June 2015 version 15.200.1045.0). Consequently, I had a BSOD crash again. I've had to disable the AMD adapter
    again.

If I perform an 'Update Driver' in Device Manager that old driver is the one picked up if I use the 'Search Automatically...' option: it prefers that to the new AMD one when I have had that running.

That is puzzling as is also Windows Update preference. The latest driver I see listed in Windows Catalog for the Radeon R7 M265 is dated 24 April 2017 version 22.19.162.4. (I have to assume that is superior to the June 2015 one.) Why isn't Windows Update
    providing at least that April 2017 driver?

I have downloaded Microsoft's tool for selecting a driver to leave alone during update but it does not list the Radeon driver so I can't freeze it. Obviously, I do not want to go so far as to freeze all driver or other updates.

Is anyone else still experiencing such an issue? Is anyone aware of a fix?

Blennerhasset, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver

Windows 10 crashing during Installation of AMD Radeon Drivers Installation and is also not in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the PC crash when trying to install AMD drivers. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “every attempt of reinstalling it causes the PC to crash”, do you receive a Blue Screen error?
    • What is the error message that you get?

I would suggest you to try downloading the AMD Auto-Detect software, which will automatically detect the graphics card and install the drivers. To download AMD Auto-Detect, visit the website
    https://www.amd.com/en/support and click on Download Now for Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows.

You can also try installing an older version of drivers from
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Tenforo, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver

1. Windows 10 BSOD When Installing AMD Radeon RX5500XT Driver - Similar Threads - BSOD Installing AMD

2. AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  3. AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10

AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  4. Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashing when automatic video driver installed for AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver: Laptop - Dell Inspiron n5521 Video Driver - AMD Radeon HD Graphics Driver Automatic installed driver - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 26.20.12028.2 After automatic installation it fails with a Blue screen with error message THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER I...
  5. AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10

AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10: Hey There! I have problem with my AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter. Problem: When I Install Drivers for AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter, My Laptop Screen becomes Black and Nothing shows Up. If I put my Laptop in that condition then...
  6. Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation

Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation: i have a lapton running windows 10 home. its quite fast i7 , SSD and 8GB ram. AMD chip on mother board has gone bad and I can't remove it. Windows installs AMD everytime i reboot because of which laptop has become unusable. 1. I have changed the advance system properties...
  7. Windows 10 crashing during Installation of AMD Radeon Drivers Installation and is also not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing during Installation of AMD Radeon Drivers Installation and is also not...: GPU -AMD Radeon Armor RX580 8gb OC CPU -AMD Ryzen 5 2600x MotherBoard -ASUS B450 ROG STRIX GAMING PSU -EVGA 750 GQ Recently there were many issues in regards to bad imaging over many programs, games and applications that gave me the error sign. I...
  8. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  9. Unable to install AMD Radeon Display Driver.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install AMD Radeon Display Driver.: Hi, As i tried to install AMD Radeon Display driver, am getting this error "vc runtime minimum x86.msi missing" [ATTACH] Please help me solve this...
  10. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731