Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UnworthyMoney, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I plug in my Usb, it tries to install windows but then gives ERROR MESSAGE CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, then restarts , then either gives the same message or something to do with the paging file. Things I have already tried, Reset CMOSUpdate BIOSWiped SSD Reinstalled a fresh USB installation mediaPlease let me know if you have any ideas.BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH NO AUTOMATIC REPAIR OR SAFE BOOT. ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO BIOS.

:)

UnworthyMoney, Oct 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 17, 2021
  3. FYFI13 Win User
    New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

If downloading a 3,5 GB file isn’t a problem then try Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, it’ll download Windows 10 image and setup installation files on USB stick.

FYFI13, Oct 17, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

1. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media - Similar Threads - BSOD trying install

2. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media: I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I plug in my Usb, it tries to install windows but then gives ERROR MESSAGE CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, then restarts , then either...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media: I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I plug in my Usb, it tries to install windows but then gives ERROR MESSAGE CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, then restarts , then either...
  4. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, After clean installation of windows 10 I have this message. your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and we will restart for you. Stop code: critical process died. Then it goes back to a blue screen that says just a moment...
  5. Install Windows 10 media onto USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 media onto USB: I am trying to update laptop windows 7 to 10. It failed on the laptop so I tried to update by downloading onto USB on a different computer and got this error. The USB has around 32 GB of memory and seems to be relatively new blue USB. The USB is completely empty. The laptop...
  6. Creation of Installation media for WIndows 10 in USB

Creation of Installation media for WIndows 10 in USB: Currently, I had to clean install everything after the SSD upgrade. But I couldn't create Installation media in a USB drive. Every time i try to create the installation media it says not enough space. I'm running Linux and tried to create USB installation media with...
  7. Cloning a Windows 10 installation USB media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning a Windows 10 installation USB media: Question for all you Windows 10 vets, I have made a Windows 10 installation USB media and I need to clone the USB to 5 more USB keys. This is so I can update 6 PC at one time from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I am using StarTech Standalone 1:5 USB Flash Drive Duplicator...
  8. BSOD when I try to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when I try to install Windows 10: Hello there! I'm trying to install Windows 10 1909 to a quite old desktop PC, but I keep getting DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD when I try to boot from the USB drive. I already made the drive using the Microsoft tool, and also Rufus, but they all fail to boot. I don't think it...
  9. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...
  10. BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10: BSOD when trying to install fresh windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal 85340