Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've ran Windows 10 since the release and never encountered any errors, but all of a sudden I get a BSOD. I'll upload the logs so you guys might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yeyeoke, Oct 3, 2015.

1. yeyeoke Win User

Windows 10 BSOD

So I've ran Windows 10 since the release and never encountered any errors, but all of a sudden I get a BSOD. I'll upload the logs so you guys might take a look, and I truly appriciate any help what so ever.

:)

yeyeoke, Oct 3, 2015
  2. DanPin Win User

How do I replace the modern-type BSoD with a Windows 7-type BSoD in Windows 10?

Okay, so, the BSoD in Windows 10 is more modern than previous versions of Windows; however when I get a 640x480 BSoD the text is so poor that it can be harder to read.

So, I'm asking this: How can I replace the Windows 10 BSoD with a Windows 7-type BSoD?

The Windows 7-type BSoD has all the details and instructions that can be used to troubleshoot the error. The later Stop codes can also be used in the BSoD.

I searched for many tutorials on how to display additional BSoD details in Windows 10. However, adding DisplayParameters to the CrashControl hive has no effect on it; that will just keep the original Windows 10 BSoD and display the four parameters on the
    top-left corner of the screen.

I've been looking everywhere for a tutorial on how to replace the Windows 10 BSoD with the Windows 7-type BSoD, but it returned no results. I really like the fact that I learned about how the original XP BSoD looked like, I wanted to restore it in Windows

If anyone has any ideas, let me know so we can talk about it. Oh, and don't forget to share your thoughts! Thanks, everyone!

DanPin, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 BSOD

Hi yeyeoke,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please visit Windows Update and install every update available, it may take a couple of times to get them all.
    Code: Hotfix(s): N/A[/quote] If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Windows 10 BSOD [​IMG]

Please upload the zip file again, it looks like the dumps are corrupted.

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  5. yeyeoke Win User
    If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Windows 10 BSOD [​IMG]

Please upload the zip file again, it looks like the dumps are corrupted.[/quote] yeah you're right, I've been using CCleaner for a while, but not since the BSODs started appearing. Is there some way I can recreate the Memory dumps?

oh, and I have all updates installed, im running slow-ring version of preview at the moment but all updates are installed.

yeyeoke, Oct 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please just upload the zip file again.

axe0, Oct 4, 2015
  7. yeyeoke Win User
    Okay, here we go.

yeyeoke, Oct 4, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 BSOD

Just noticed this.
    This could be the reason why I cannot read the dump files.
    Also since the crashes are 0x139 (kernel_security_check_failure) with most likely a list_entry corruption, it could be very hard to determine the cause.
    Also, with insider preview, it could be a bug in Windows.

But, I see dc1-controller.sys being flagged before the problems start.
    This is a driver from an Xbox peripheral.
    Unfortunately I cannot say if it needs updating as I cannot check the date, but try updating the xbox drivers or remove everything from Xbox. It could well be that they are not compatible.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  8. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  9. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  10. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...