Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV.

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So just to start off, I suspect this has something to do with a Windows update. This has never happened before and only started yesterday. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by G1ffy, May 17, 2019.

1. G1ffy Win User

Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV.

So just to start off, I suspect this has something to do with a Windows update. This has never happened before and only started yesterday. I was viewing a .avi file I had recorded and my computer just blue screened all of a sudden. The error was system_thread_exception_not_handled, and it said it was caused by atikmdag.sys. I did a little digging and I know this means that the AMD drivers are corrupted or out of date, but my drivers are completely up to date. I have not experienced it anywhere else either than viewing video files. I also suspect it has to do with the Films & TV program, but can't be certain. It has not happened once when I'm viewing my video files with Windows Media Player.

Any help is appreciated.

-Thanks!

Edit: I am not overclocked either, and I'm running a Ryzen 2200g with Vega 8 and no dedicated GPU, this PC is pretty new and only built a few months ago.

:)

G1ffy, May 17, 2019
  2. Crob1311 Win User

Film and TV app codecs, Windows 10

I have a digital recorder that saves the files in '.ts' format, which by default opens in the Film and TV app in windows 10, but then states that the format is not compatible. The files open fine and play in 'Windows Media Player' however they will not display
    as thumbnails in 'File Explorer' which they did in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded. I can convert them to '.mp4' and then see the thumbnails. The files will then play in 'Film and TV' and in 'Media Player'. Is this a codec problem, or would I be better served
    just getting rid of the Film and TV app and setting all the defaults to Media Player?

I understand there are a very large number of video formats about, but Media Player clearly has the necessary codec and Film and TV on the same computer does not.

Just to confuse the issue I have other '.ts' files from a different source, which play fine in both apps.

Any suggestions as I would much prefer to have one centre for handling and viewing my videos?

Crob1311, May 17, 2019
  3. xIainx Win User
    Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, May 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV.

Films & Tv App

Hi Guys

In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name.

Info - My movies are all stored on an external Hdd in a few different folders not in the default Videos folder

Cheers Danny

xxxdannyxxx, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV.

1. Windows 10 BSOD'ing when viewing videos with Films and TV. - Similar Threads - BSOD'ing viewing videos

2. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  3. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  4. Films & TV "Video file format not supported"

Films & TV "Video file format not supported": I downloaded a movie in 1080p quality some information about the codecs etc are* WEB-DL* DDP5.1* HEVCI have HEVC codec but unable to play the file. The Films & TV app is showing this type of message....
  5. Films & TV "Video file format not supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Films & TV "Video file format not supported": I downloaded a movie in 1080p quality some information about the codecs etc are* WEB-DL* DDP5.1* HEVCI have HEVC codec but unable to play the file. The Films & TV app is showing this type of message....
  6. Still photo from video in Films & TV app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still photo from video in Films & TV app.: I open video in Films & TV app, choose edit looks like safety pin, then select save photo from video, then on new picture click save a photo. Get message saving. Then what, please???? Where is the photo?...
  7. Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag: Hi, Any video file I play through the Windows 10 "Films & TV" app causes video to lag behind the audio. Video and audio playback is smooth but not synced. What can I do to fix this? Thank you...
  8. Films and TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Films and TV: Hi, I've been having problems with the films & TV app working correctly after I've been using it a while so I thought I'd do a system check. It found some corrupt files they were unable to fix. Going into the CBS.log they talk of duplicate ownership files etc. I can't...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...