Windows 10: Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed

Discus and support Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am having this issue for quite some time now, where it looks like some key is pressed but its actually not, I have unplugged all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m_umair_85, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed

Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed uJGjiQXOWNMafmFBMAUAq8BxBq5omvSicJudvzoNS58.jpg

I am having this issue for quite some time now, where it looks like some key is pressed but its actually not, I have unplugged all the input devices and still having this problem. The issue goes away after a restart and comes back after using the system for a couple of hours. It happens only in explorer and start menu, search, action centre, notification area, etc. it does not happen inside any of the programmes for example if I use notepad, word, etc, I don't see this issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

https://i.redd.it/trdg2khx78i61.gif

submitted by /u/m_umair_85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/m_umair_85, Feb 18, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

1 I agree that this is a problem. That context menu should only appear if shift-right-click is pressed.

2 I assume you do not have any utilities like Classic shell running that affect the user interface?

3 I suggest going to your computer maker, getting a new copy of the graphics driver & installing it.

4 Does this problem affect others users? If you don't know then create one and test it.

5 Do you have an alternative mouse/touchpad that you can try?

6 Are there any warning triangles in Device manager or any group calledOther devices?

Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed [​IMG]

Denis

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed

1. Windows 10 bug acting like some key is pressed - Similar Threads - bug acting key

2. My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it: My crtl keys Acts like i press it. I've try many troubleshooting process but still the crtl keys are popping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-crtl-keys-acts-like-im-pressing-it/8016dc98-e069-472c-aaa8-139dc19d21ef
  3. My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My crtl keys acts like I'm pressing it: My crtl keys Acts like i press it. I've try many troubleshooting process but still the crtl keys are popping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-crtl-keys-acts-like-im-pressing-it/8016dc98-e069-472c-aaa8-139dc19d21ef
  4. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  5. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  6. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  7. Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 , acting like down key is constantly pressed: I have a windows 10 laptop with no external keyboard, however recently, its acting as if down key is constantly pressed , especially in start menu , settings menu etc, however it dosent happen in files manger etcI've tried restarting, updating, uninstalling and reinstalling...
  8. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  9. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight submitted by...
  10. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight...