Windows 10: Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up

Discus and support Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I go into a game and exit out, no matter what game it is, Windows 10's explorer will flash white and not display anything inside that window. Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Amber351, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up

When I go into a game and exit out, no matter what game it is, Windows 10's explorer will flash white and not display anything inside that window. Same for every window, as well as task manager. The ENG button in the bottom right will flash, indicating you've got the bug. It starts hogging resources, and it makes every task neigh impossible. You have to sign out, and in again to fix it.

Has anybody else come across this?

submitted by /u/Amber351
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Amber351, Dec 1, 2019
  2. xorbe Win User

What is the "magic" of alt+tab?

I noticed alt-tabbing out of and back into Heaven lowers the benchmark result by 10% or so, which bugs me. Windows ...

xorbe, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up

1. Windows 10 bug - alt tabbing causes windows 10 to freeze up - Similar Threads - bug alt tabbing

2. Alt+Tab issue in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab issue in Windows 10: Hello. I'm using Windows 11, and before when I used Windows 10, there was no such issue.When I'm holding tab after pressing alt+tab in a gamecounter strike 2 w display mode windowed for example, the hover thing on windows are disappearing, which makes me unable to choose any...
  3. Alt + Tab Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + Tab Bug: So right now, after I just updated windows because of auto update, the alt + tab shortcut is bugging, it can switch between windows like normal, but it won't display the windows that I have open and just allow me to blindly swtich windows. It used to display the windows and a...
  4. Alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-tab bug: since the 20h2 update every time i alt-tab some times i get the wrong panels or screens i had preview open, so if i had panel 1 open and i tap to 2 and then i tap back...instead to tap to 1 i get on tap 3.... anyone else having this kind of issue with 20h2 ? submitted by...
  5. Bug with alt+tab?

Bug with alt+tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Due_Entrance_9883 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irck9l/bug_with_alttab/
  6. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  7. Cortana alt-tab bug

Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...
  8. Windows 10 alt tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 alt tab: How can I change tabs in windows 10 like I used to do it in windows 7. I used to do as following but its not working in windows 10. https://youtu.be/izAELokY6G8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alt-tab/9a672385-5e8c-4e5f-bfad-d63eda2c4116
  9. Windows 10 alt-tab functionality

Windows 10 alt-tab functionality: Everyone knows and uses Task Switcher (alt-tab) to some extent in Windows. In MacOS, however, you can also switch specifically among sub-tasks using a separate hotkey (cmd + `). So, if you have 3 Chrome windows open, this feature will allow you to switch only among these...
  10. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: My Alt + Tab has suddenly become noticeably slower compared to before. I have turned off Focus Assist as commonly advised by most articles on the internet regarding Alt + Tab lag in Windows 10 yet it still has not fixed the issue. I did notice that this began after having...