Windows 10: Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 last night, app notifications are disabled and the checkbox is greyed out. The top of the screen says, "Some settings are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rassilon, Jul 30, 2015.

1. rassilon Win User

Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled

Since upgrading to Windows 10 last night, app notifications are disabled and the checkbox is greyed out. The top of the screen says, "Some settings are managed by your organization." There is no organization. This is my home PC, I have placed no restrictions on it, nor have I ever touched local group policies.

Am I seriously the only person experiencing this behavior!? The lack of response is deafening ...

:)

rassilon, Jul 30, 2015

2. [BUG?] N73 Flash Disabled but still working

HI there yesterday i noticed something weird,i disabled my nokia flash before taking photos but i noticed sometimes the flash worked eventhough i disabled it!

Could this be a bug?

jekkaman---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Terrykato Win User
    Windows 10 on HP Stream 7 screen rotation not working

You've got the quick solution. Wonder why Windows 10 defaults to no auto rotation? It was the first irritating Windows 10 bug I noticed. (before discovering my Gmail didn't work in the Mail app)

Terrykato, Jul 30, 2015
  4. rassilon Win User

Solved it myself by editing group policies. Though why the default behavior is to disable all notices, and lock the selection is beyond me.

rassilon, Aug 1, 2015
  5. zombiefly Win User
    hi there, i have the same problem, just found your post.

any idea which GP you edited?*Biggrin

zombiefly, Aug 1, 2015
  6. rassilon Win User
    Sorry, that would have helped. *blush*

• Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.
    • Type the following in the Run box: gpedit.msc
    • Go to the following path in the left pane of Group Policy Editor:
      User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
    • Locate and modify the following setting: Turn off all balloon notifications.
      Set it to Disabled

rassilon, Aug 1, 2015
  7. zombiefly Win User
    thanks, but that didn't work. i'm not sure i understand how it would, as you are telling it to disable the notifications *Confused

anyway, i found a fix to my issue, switched this OFF in the registry and it's now working [you have to sign out then in for it to take effect]

Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications] "NoToastApplicationNotification"=dword:00000000[/quote] "show app notifications" is no longer greyed and the message about administrator has gone. the little icon no longer has the blocked icon on it either.

Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled [​IMG]

*Cool

zombiefly, Aug 1, 2015
  8. johnb Win User

"show app notifications" is no longer greyed and the message about administrator has gone. the little icon no longer has the blocked icon on it either.

Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled [​IMG]

*Cool[/quote] Thanks much zombiefly. You've got the best answer on the Internet, easy to do and worked for me. Just start with REGEDIT and follow your instructions.

johnb, Aug 7, 2015
  9. zombiefly Win User
    no problem. seems this is an uncommon issue, i could find very little info on it...
    did you do an upgrade or fresh install? mine was upgrade...

zombiefly, Aug 7, 2015
  10. johnb Win User
    I did an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for my Dell PC desktop. I also had another problem in that Windows Firewall always wanted control even though I denied it. I rather like Bitdefender for firewall and anti-virus, so I used System Configuration (msconfig), and unchecked the start up entry of Windows Firewall. Thanks again!

johnb, Aug 7, 2015
  11. rassilon Win User
    Aye, sorry about that. I meant to say enable them. It doesn't seem to matter either way. On my PC, after I did that, the setting switched back to "undefined" but my Show App Notifications button was no-longer grayed out.

Ultimately, I fear Windows 10 brings too much baggage from previous OS's with it. If I didn't have to use this computer for a living, I'd wipe it and perform a clean install. But that would take days to do properly (installing apps, and restoring preferences on dozens of programs.) Time I simply don't have. Nor am I sure it would even help. Many issues, such as the Comm System one I posted yesterday, are present even on a clean install.

rassilon, Aug 7, 2015
  12. zombiefly Win User
    yeah there are plenty of bugs around. really don't see the benefit in this release before finished concept.. Things are working ok for me.. i got a general performance boost by installing the win8.1 chipset drivers.. slimdrivers picked up on some missing SATA components.

zombiefly, Aug 7, 2015
  13. parikh Win User

"show app notifications" is no longer greyed and the message about administrator has gone. the little icon no longer has the blocked icon on it either.

Attachment 27830
    *Cool[/quote] do I have to set data value to '0' in base hexadecimal.

parikh, Dec 11, 2015
  14. treveden Win User

Attachment 27830
    *Cool[/quote] Thanks, followed your advice. Set the value from 1 to Zero. Works fine now *Nerd

treveden, Jan 30, 2016
  15. Thanks for the tip. It bothered me that I had some unknown "organization" controlling my configuration since this is on my personal home machine. I ended up using the registry entry.*Biggrin

SyncoastCyclist, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 bug - app notices disabled - Similar Threads - bug app notices

2. Noticed a bug with the taskbar widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Noticed a bug with the taskbar widgets: So since I began using Windows 11 just recently noticed a few times that when I try to click on a item or right click nothing happens, today for the second time I got sure that it was the widgets causing this, the left side of the screen is where the no responsive clicks...
  3. Noticed a bug with the taskbar widgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Noticed a bug with the taskbar widgets: So since I began using Windows 11 just recently noticed a few times that when I try to click on a item or right click nothing happens, today for the second time I got sure that it was the widgets causing this, the left side of the screen is where the no responsive clicks...
  4. Windows 10 email app bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 email app bug: There have been numerous complaints in reference to the win 10 email app displaying most AOL emails as code. How many complaints are needed before Microsoft fixes this issue?...
  5. Windows 10 email app bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 email app bug: There have been numerous complaints in reference to the win 10 email app displaying most AOL emails as code. How many complaints are needed before Microsoft fixes this issue?...
  6. Disable cmd window update notice?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable cmd window update notice?: I am not sure which forum (if any) would be best to use for this question, but maybe someone will be able to advise or refer me elsewhere if I post in the most general one. It's not really a Windows 10 issue per se (I have the same problem in Windows 7 too). I use a...
  7. windows 10 expiry notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 expiry notice: Hi, My client is running windows 10 pro, but one of the pc last week suddenly display dialog windows about to expire at random time. I just check control panel->system, it say windows is activated. Is there a reason why all the sudden this one pc displaying windows...
  8. Firewall Disabled Bug?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Disabled Bug?: I just updated to the FCU from the AU. There seems to be a firewall notification bug. Settings / System / About indicates that the Firewall is disabled but the Firewall settings in the Control Panel are fine (see below). I've disabled and re-enabled the Firewall but this...
  9. Bug i noticed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug i noticed: One of the things i noticed as far as bugs go; is it seems like every time there is a windows update for this tech preview; somehow something disables the working sound from my sound blaster sound card. I then have to go into device manager; uninstall it; then rescan for...
  10. Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restarts with no notice: This week my laptop with Windows 10 has restarted without any notice. It has happened at least one time each day for the last 4 days. I will be at my computer and all of a sudden it restarts and I see a black screen with the Dell logo. Is there something I can do to stop my...