Windows 10: Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?

Discus and support Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When working in an MS Word 2010 document, Excel and Gmail, I have experienced several problems recently: 1. The Find and Replace keeps popping up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arch Ali, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Arch Ali Win User

Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?

When working in an MS Word 2010 document, Excel and Gmail, I have experienced several problems recently:

1. The Find and Replace keeps popping up randomly many, many times.

2. The cursor loses its place and jumps up the page.

3. The cursor changes to a dot and wont function.

3. The sentences I am typing abruptly stop.

4. The document minimises numerous times.

5. This also happens in Excel and even when I am typing this query.

When the desktop is open, the start options pop up randomly numerous times without being selected.

Is this likely to be a problem with the keyboard or a Windows 10 update with a bug? Please advise.

How can I fix or repair this issue?

:)

Arch Ali, Jun 23, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?

Windows 10 keyboard issues

Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Keyboard issues can have a number of causes:

• Cables that aren't connected properly

• Incorrect device settings

• Missing updates

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers

• Hardware problems

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?

1. Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue? - Similar Threads - Bug keyboard issue

2. Keyboard bug in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard bug in Windows 10!: Hello for the last couple of days, my keyboard has been acting crazy. I use Windows 10. Suddenly it automatically keeps typing 5555...555. The keys under the function keys where 5 and % key is set it is not working. I can use the 5 in the numlock section. Also, the Ctrl+V or...
  3. Keyboard bug in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard bug in Windows 10!: Hello for the last couple of days, my keyboard has been acting crazy. I use Windows 10. Suddenly it automatically keeps typing 5555...555. The keys under the function keys where 5 and % key is set it is not working. I can use the 5 in the numlock section. Also, the Ctrl+V or...
  4. Keyboard bug in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 bug or issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 bug or issue?: So this has been happening recently. The computer would start, but the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work when the lock screen came up. Restarted the computer and still had the same issue. The first time I had this issue, I just reset my whole PC and then upgraded it to Windows...
  6. Windows 10 bug or issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 bug or issue?: So this has been happening recently. The computer would start, but the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work when the lock screen came up. Restarted the computer and still had the same issue. The first time I had this issue, I just reset my whole PC and then upgraded it to Windows...
  7. Windows 10 bug or issue?

8. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  9. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  10. Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Bugs/Issues: I've been using Windows 10 for ~5 weeks, and only recently have these problems arose. The file explorer and task manager both have the same issue; they both open in the program tab (Whatever the official name for the bar on the bottom of your screen (By Default) where all of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboard bug