Windows 10: Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a similar problem to the problem already discussed here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Giacomo Cocchella, May 13, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

I have a similar problem to the problem already discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bug-task-manager-not-showing-processes/5ae73f0d-3758-4c8b-b88d-31204202f5321 If I open task manager as soon as the user are logged in, no problem. Task Manager shows all the processes correctly. No problem for all the time the Task Manager is active, regardless if it's minimized in the task bar or not.2 If I close the task manager and reopen it after a while, or I open the task manager after some minutes from the login, processes tab is empty. I have the same probl

:)

Giacomo Cocchella, May 13, 2022
  2. RedLynx Win User

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes

There are quite a few people having problems with this issue but the threads are all locked without any bugfix provided by Micosoft. So here we go AGAIN:

I have quite a few processes running but task manager is empty! Why?

Reading threads with suggestions I have tried some of the more creative ones like setting regional settings to US (I live in Sweden) I have not, and I will not create a new user account though... Neither will I stand on my head to fix Microsoft’s bug.

I have though run SFC with no errors.

And I have a suggestion that the bug lies in the rendering since toggling the "Always on top" option in task manager toggles the bug from showing or not. However I have found tasks showing with task manager "on Top" AND with the opposite. The BUG is
    intermittent but very repeatable.

I find it remarkable that a basic operative systems function like a Task Manager is not working properly in 2018. REALLY BAD Microsoft!

I hope my clues here can lead to functioning Task Manager again in Windows 10 in 2018…

Best regards

RedLynx, May 13, 2022
  3. hem981 Win User
    Process from all users in task manager

Hi,
    Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I checked in task manager, it showed just one user, to be using 519MB RAM , but usage is 80%.

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down [​IMG]

519 MB is not 80% of 2gb, so I need to know what is taking up the memory. But the new task manager shows no way to see the list as in windows 7(Show proc. from all users). Now, the processes tab too is just like that.

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down [​IMG]

I love all the new 'cool' features in the new task manager but really miss that one checkbox. Is there a way to view all processes from all users in one single window? If not, can anyone say how to get back the old windows 7 task manager in windows 10?
    Any help would be appreciated.

hem981, May 13, 2022
  4. Angelo_IT Win User

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes

Same here.. as a work-around you can open task manager at the start of the session and keep it opened by minimizing to icon... the bug won't appear until the task manager is kept open....

Just to know: someone gets this problem in pair with following one? When I shut down the computer, appears a message alert saying that "If you shut down the system now, you and other people using the PC may lose unsaved work.":

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down 42a08a07-26e3-445e-a7f7-54b41cae451d?upload=true.jpg

Annoying thing is that *user list on task manager is empty* too, letting me think about a malware, root kit or something similar (I use windows defender anyway and various virus scanners did not report anything).

So tried to know users logged on via cmd:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Versione 10.0.16299.192]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti sono riservati.

C:\Users\xxx>query user

Errore 0x00000005 durante l'enumerazione dei nomi di sessione

Errore [5]:Accesso negato.

Access denied.. very strange and it increased my fear to have the machine compromised...

Anyway I checked using psloggedon from sysinternals and it seems all right:

D:\_DL\PSTools>PsLoggedon.exe

PsLoggedon v1.35 - See who's logged on

Copyright (C) 2000-2016 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Users logged on locally:

06/03/2018 09:04:12 yyy\xxx

No one is logged on via resource shares.

All above lets me think of a bug in "Fall creators update", this problem arised since I updated my machine to this version:

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down 02f71aca-2e50-4c69-9f9e-e90f6c1cb594?upload=true.jpg

It would be glad if someone could address the issues above (without saying about formatting or clean installations..).

Thanks in advance.

Angelo_IT, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

1. Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down - Similar Threads - Bug Task Manager

2. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  3. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  4. Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down: I have a similar problem to the problem already discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bug-task-manager-not-showing-processes/5ae73f0d-3758-4c8b-b88d-31204202f5321 If I open task manager as soon as the user are logged in, no problem....
  5. Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down

Windows 10 Bug: Task Manager not showing processes and Logged users when shut down: I have a similar problem to the problem already discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bug-task-manager-not-showing-processes/5ae73f0d-3758-4c8b-b88d-31204202f5321 If I open task manager as soon as the user are logged in, no problem....
  6. Shut Down Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut Down Bug: Yesterday I tried to turn off windows but it didn't work. I don't know how to explain exactly what happened. It's like it started turning off but stopped for some reason. My desktop was still on but I couldn't open some apps or windows explorer. The task manager was working...
  7. Task Manager: Can't expand user processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: Can't expand user processes: I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my new system + 1909 update et al. A few days after I'm finished customizing my system and apps, task manager won't let me expand the user process panels anymore. I can move the arrows right and down, but the details are kept...
  8. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing: I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have...
  9. Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If your Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10/8/7, then here are a few things you can do to successfully fix the blank Task Manager issue. This can happen due to system file corruptions or malware [...] This post Task Manager is blank & not...
  10. Process from all users in task manager

Process from all users in task manager: Hi, Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I...