Windows 10: Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

Discus and support Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MomoBrozo77, May 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if something else happened. In general, my PC works fine, it's just a few things that are not working as they should be. One thing is that the search bar does not work. I click on it, and I can type stuff, but it just stays grey with the little blue dots hovering by. I left it for about 5 minutes and nothing happened. Same deal with settings. I open up settings, and I go to a section in it, and it just stays on a white screen with blue dots. I wanted to try troubleshooting it, but, I can only open the troubleshooter through settings, and I can't get to it. Another thing I noticed is when I download something, it does this thing where it shows that it gets stuck on the last mb or kb and it doesn't open or show the file location when I click on it. For some reason, when I go into my file explorer manually, it shows up and works normally. It's weird, and it can get confusing, because I keep thinking my internet goes out or the file had an error while downloading. Since it's a little hard to explain just with words, I'll let you have a look for yourself. I made a short video showing everything that's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdX1O04PXNA&feature=youtu.be

If anyone could help me with this, please do leave a comment. If you need anything from me, like computer information, just say so. If I eventually find a fix, I'll make sure you know what it is, and the fact that I don't need help anymore.

:)

MomoBrozo77, May 4, 2020

2. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

1. Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images - Similar Threads - Bugs Errors Glitches

2. window 10 search bar visual glitch

in Cortana
    window 10 search bar visual glitch: i open window search box and there is a black box cover 2/3 of my search box , anyway to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-search-bar-visual-glitch/47494103-53f6-4bbe-a20c-9778b4f0160f
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar Bug

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Bug: My windows is on latest update,This whit bars are showing in the search bar of windows 10,and when i hover it ,it gets disappear and then after few mins or something it came up again, it's not causing me anything but but it's ruining my windows 10 look...any help will be...
  4. Search Bar Glitch

in Cortana
    Search Bar Glitch: After updating to latest version search bar color sometimes changes and looks like this and when I hover the mouse cursor over it, It becomes normal.. It's really bothering me.. please give some solution.. Thanks Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed...
  5. search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar glitching: I've been experiencing search bar glitching for a long time. i don't know how to explain it briefly so I'll paste a picture. please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-glitching/3645429e-28bb-4a9b-9889-6160479cd55e
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar Visual Glitch

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Visual Glitch: I don't know if this is related to the 20H2 update or not, but it started after I updated Windows to version 20H2. I really don't know what's the cause of this bug. It does go away when I hover over it, but it comes back at random times or when the taskbar updates....
  7. Windows search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar glitching: I have a problem on my pc,the search bar isn’t working when i turn on my pc,i should write something in RUN to activate it,but when pc restarts it automatically stops working,i should do that thing everytime,is there any solution? submitted by /u/Ron-Fetahu [link]...
  8. Windows 10 search bar bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar bug!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodTheTagRapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0u4r4/windows_10_search_bar_bug/
  9. Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images: Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if...
  10. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar bug/glitch: Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it but i made a video of it. Here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt-tHQ6ROM If you know how i need to fix this, please leave...