Windows 10: Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

Discus and support Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MomoBrozo77, May 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if something else happened. In general, my PC works fine, it's just a few things that are not working as they should be. One thing is that the search bar does not work. I click on it, and I can type stuff, but it just stays grey with the little blue dots hovering by. I left it for about 5 minutes and nothing happened. Same deal with settings. I open up settings, and I go to a section in it, and it just stays on a white screen with blue dots. I wanted to try troubleshooting it, but, I can only open the troubleshooter through settings, and I can't get to it. Another thing I noticed is when I try to save an image, it doesn't start downloading, and therefore I can't save any images. The only possible way for me to save images at the moment is simply by using a download link, but it can be time consuming to find one sometimes. Since this is a little hard to explain just with words, I'll let you have a look for yourself. I made a short video showing everything that's happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdX1O04PXNA&feature=youtu.be

If anyone could help me with this, please do leave a comment. If you need anything from me, like computer information, just say so. If I eventually find a fix, I'll make sure you know what it is, and the fact that I don't need help anymore.

:)

MomoBrozo77, May 4, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 4, 2020
  4. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

1. Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images - Similar Threads - Bugs Settings Search

2. WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Explorer - Search Bar BUG: The Windows Explorer search bar exhibits a design flaw where folder names longer than the available space are truncated, leading to a poor user experience. Instead of displaying the full folder name, it should prioritize clarity and usability by simply showing "Search" in the...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar Bug

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Bug: My windows is on latest update,This whit bars are showing in the search bar of windows 10,and when i hover it ,it gets disappear and then after few mins or something it came up again, it's not causing me anything but but it's ruining my windows 10 look...any help will be...
  4. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  5. Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  6. Search Bar Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  7. windows search bar bug

in Cortana
    windows search bar bug: I updates the windows after freshly dowloading windows and also updates the apps to new versions as well but some how my windows search bar shows the old version of app and my start menu shows the new version please help me with this...
  8. Windows 10 search bar bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar bug!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodTheTagRapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0u4r4/windows_10_search_bar_bug/
  9. Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bugs/Errors/Glitches - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images: Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...