Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features

Discus and support Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] [img] Windows 10 build 10036 includes a number of interesting tidbits and features which Microsoft have been working on over the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features

Read more: Windows 10: Cortana gains a few new features in latest builds

:)

Brink, Mar 14, 2015

2. Cortana speach download error

This is a bug in this build of windows. Though it was reported to be fixed, unfortunately it was not for most users. To use Cortana with your localized settings you have to restore phone back to production build again.

As for Cortana, I found that she works in this build even if you do not have the correct speech pack albeit missing a few features.

Stranger_Hanyo, Mar 14, 2015
  3. Cortana will not use mic

Deepika,

that means it is a known problem with the Hey Cortana feature using microphone with the new build 1607?

And you are suggesting the workaround to not use Hey Cortana?

Connor Mc Loed, Mar 14, 2015
  4. magilla Win User

Is this the 'leaked' version or actual version as released?

magilla, Mar 16, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Difficult to test this as Cortana still seems restricted to USA alone -- it's unavailable in the leaked 10036 builds OUTSDE the USA.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 16, 2015
  6. I am in Greece but downloaded the US version of the OS and I can play around with Cortana.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 16, 2015
  7. unifex Win User
    I honestly hate all kinds of "localization features" in PCs. I do not understand why TVs, cars, phones, etc. have to be different in different countries, but at least there are feasible explanations such as legal differences - again, not logically necessary, but at least that's a fact. However, the OS on PCs - there is certainly no need to make it different in different countries. The UI language does not count - that is not a serious change of the OS. One could argue, that all kinds of relevant news and shopping suggestions are local by nature, but then it's not the job of the OS to make shopping suggestions.

But anyways, that's just a rant, I see me using Cortana anyways (just as I don't use Hello Google or whatever it's called on my phone). My PC is not a friend, I don't need it talking.

unifex, Mar 17, 2015
  8. Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features

Windows 10 Build 10036 Core / Pro 64-bit
    Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

Wa2nPlenyun, Mar 17, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Some features ARE actually worthwhile when designed for specific countries -- for example Air conditioning is hardly a required feature for Cars in Iceland but decent extra powerful heaters probably ARE -- conversely would you want to have a car WITHOUT air conditioning in the middle of Texas in the height of Summer. Similarly some countries still drive on the left so different models are needed.

Where I think the line needs to be drawn is against all this regionalisation of Movies / TV shows / Sports feeds etc -- all artificial restrictions do is simply ENCOURAGE Piracy. Nothing whatever the "powers that be" have done has in any way reduced Piracy - blocking torrent sites and adding DRM have largely proved ineffective as well as locking DVD's with that stupid regionalisation code - especially on Laptops for international travellers.

While you will Never stop piracy 100% a good deal of it would simply vanish if artificial restrictions were removed and SENSIBLE pricing was introduced.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2015
  10. unifex Win User
    I wasn't talking so much about optional equipment, but about availability and major features. Try comparing a Honda Accord in the US, in Europe, and in Japan - these are three completely different vehicles. You can't even buy a Toyota Camry in Germany, but the one sold in the US differs from whatever they sell in Japan. And this is just an example. My TV for example, is an EU model. There also exists a US model, a Russian model, a Japanese model, and it's the same size screen, with the same basic parameters, even the power supply is now external, like in a laptop, so it would work in any country, but still the EU warranty would void in the US, as if something particularly bad happens with the thing if I put it on a boat and transport across the ocean.

Now, try opening any Google site in a different country on your laptop. If you don't do anything special, it will automatically switch to the local language. I mean, on my phone, if I just go to Google, it will be in German in Germany and in French in France. Do I really want it to be in a different language just because I drove for 10 minutes? It's so annoying, I don't even use it anymore, I just have a bookmark for encrypted.google.com which is always in English.

If I want to watch History channel in Germany, I have a choice of the language, German or English. On the Discovery channel I don't have such a choice, it's always in German. But it's not dubbed, it's a voice-over, so I can hear both languages all the time and it's rather distracting. Similarly, Amazon Prime, Netflix and so on, carry a lot of American movies and TV shows, all in German. Why would I want to watch a dubbed movie? Yes, I know, there are people who don't speak English, but is it so hard to give me an option? Technically it's not a problem, but apparently there are licensing issues. Well, I'm paying for cable, I'm paying for Amazon Prime, and if a show that I want to watch is not available in English, I just download the show from the internet. Strictly speaking, they still call it piracy and my arguments probably won't stand in court, but to be honest, I'd like to see them try to sue me for watching a show I paid for. I certainly have no moral issues with doing that.

unifex, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 10036: Cortana gains a few new features - Similar Threads - build 10036 Cortana

2. Windows 10 version 21H2 to launch this year with a few new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 21H2 to launch this year with a few new features: Back in June, our sources revealed Microsoft wants to split the second-half Windows release into two updates: one for consumers with big changes and another for enterprise customers who want to keep using the current Windows 10 for an additional year. When we first heard the...
  3. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  4. No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    No Cortana on Windows 10 build 1909: Some context: I downgraded from Windows 10 20h2 because explorer.exe needed 5 minutes to start. Recently I wanted to enable Cortana. There was no 'Hey Cortana' settings. I downloaded the Cortana app from the MS Store. When I open the app it just says: "Thanks for taking an...
  5. Microsoft announces new features for Windows 10’s Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces new features for Windows 10’s Cortana: Microsoft at Build 2018 announced a lot of tools to synchronize all your work between devices so that you can start from one device and resume from another. Windows Timeline is the best example to this. With Timeline, the user will be able to see all the tasks which he has...
  6. Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] It seems Pro and Enterprise ISO's have leaked *Eek Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked onto the internet Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 4631
  7. Screenshots of Windows 10 desktop build 10036 leak, no sign of Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Screenshots of Windows 10 desktop build 10036 leak, no sign of Spartan: It’s been almost two months since Microsoft’s last public release of a Windows 10 Technical Preview build. The Redmond giant is planning to step up the speed of the ‘fast’ ring releases, but its engineers may have hit a roadblock with a nasty bug, so we’re not sure when we’ll...
  8. Build 10036 Video

in Windows 10 News
    Build 10036 Video: telU3Nzn_6g tells of sum of the bugs
  9. Gallery: Will this Windows 10 Pro (build 10036) head to Insiders?

in Windows 10 News
    Gallery: Will this Windows 10 Pro (build 10036) head to Insiders?: [img] Following the Windows 10 build 10031 leak that we covered last week, WZor has now gotten hold of build 10036 and uploaded a ton of images to his blog this morning, and in super helpful fashion, we have included them in full below. WZor also suggested that this...
  10. Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: A few new touch friendly features in 9860: The first feature for touch users is that the keyboard will automatically pop up when touching a text box, the second is access to the title bar by swiping down in full screen modern apps and the third is access to the taskbar by swiping up when a modem app is in full screen...