Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yeah, I know. They kind of force you to go to the "shadier" parts of the internet to get an ISO or go through the annoying process of an ESD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

Hey Bob, it's not really all that hard to convert; if I can figure it out anyone can. *Smile

Here's the tutorial if you haven't seen it yet. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Interesting.. but has there been an official announcement on what MS will do with Win10 with the update procedure.. if so where's the link??

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Trust_No1 Win User
    I want to back up here a moment. UPGRADE or UPDATE if Microsoft's intent is to install Windows 10 as an update, I believe this would be a disaster. I also, believe if they nag you about upgrading (as they did with Windows 8.0 to 8.1), that this would be a tragic mistake.

Windows 10, is far enough removed from previous Windows versions, I think if some inadvertently did an upgrade without realizing, I think they would be horrified, thinking their computers had been hacked.

If Microsoft wants to offer Windows 10 (free or otherwise) it should do so, only as a manual download, IMHO. I for one don't desire Windows 10, and I don't desire being nagged about it, every time I turn on my system or do an update. I hope Microsoft makes the right call on this one.

Trust_No1, Apr 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree,,, if you build a new PC you have to have access to a DVD with Win10 on it.

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Ummm, guess you just gotta bite the bullet and go out and buy Windows 8.1 so it can upgrade online to Windows 10.

I know you're pulling our legs here, Roger, but the practical matter of things is that for now, you cannot sell a Windows 10 machine, so you just gotta put Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 on it (licensed, of course). Then when Windows 10 RTMs, your client can choose to let it upgrade online or bring it back to you to do the same thing he could do. You don't even have to advertise a free upgrade to Windows 10 if you don't want to. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Oohhhhhhhhhh, Roger, that clarifies things greatly!

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

And maybe.. then maybe..*Wink

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Hmmmm, just had a thought . . . dangerous, I know, but all the same . . .

OK, once Windows 7 or 8.1 is upgraded to Windows 10, can't I just go in and grab the ESD file and create my own ISO?

Yehhhhhhhhh, that might work! Then I could use that to put it on the rest of my computers. Or not; depends on whether it sees 7 or 8.1.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  10. dencal Win User
    Wynona.
    In England.
    A doddle is describing something as very easy to perform.

As for your being against a free upgrade, you can always purchase a very clean, very fresh installation if that is your wish.
    No one was able to open apps from the start menu on an upgrade, but by installing them on the taskbar overcame the problem, you really must read M$ release notes.

What M$ require is the ability for its millions maybe billions of clients, the ability to freely upgrade from W7 and W8.1 without installation problems, doing what you are doing is not helping sort this out, but there again you are only thinking what you want and not contributing to the cause.

dencal, Apr 27, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    What might be better is MS had a path upgrade path posted and it stated that you could get an ISO.. now that would be easier.

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  12. Roger Win User
    Sorry, I don't do OEM. only Pro *Biggrin

Roger, Apr 27, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Huh?? I usually think about what I have to do with my PC for an update/upgrade first before I worry about the "cause".

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  14. Roger Win User
    I'm glad you agree. Now that we've got that settled perhaps we can move on. Still unresolved is the question "will a ton of hay winter a cow?"
    Seventy years ago there were two answers.......... Yes and No.
    Today I'm still not sure.........................
    damn!!!

Roger, Apr 27, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    I'm not against the free upgrade; I will definitely go with Windows 10. That's why if I couldn't clean install the Windows 10 upgrade, although it would be inconvenient I would be sure my computers all have a very clean, very fresh installation of Windows 7 or 8.1, so that there would be no leftover nasties from the previous Windows (7 or 8.1).

And why should I be required to put stuff on my taskbar that I don't want there just to bypass a bug/known issue?

You are absolutely 100% wrong! You are not making the rules; Microsoft is and I am doing exactly what I agreed to do when I signed up as an Insider. It's not your call, nor is it my call to say what Microsoft requires when they have not made either of us privy to thoughts.

When you say . . . "doing what you are doing is not helping sort this out, but there again you are only thinking what you want and not contributing to the cause", you are accusing, not only me, but everyone else in these forums who choose to clean install Windows 10 builds. Those are mighty powerful words, Podnuh!

What you don't seem to understand is that clean installation of Betas/Technical Previews has been going on for the past 30 years or so and if Microsoft didn't want us to do that, they would have told us.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015 - Similar Threads - Build 10074 Expected

2. Build 10074 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10074 Wallpaper: Hi Guys Looking to see if anyone can pass on the wallpaper from Build 10074 Gallery: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 Been searching for it, but unfortunately cannot locate it at all. Thanks for your help. 12136
  3. Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125: Hey guys i have the past 2 weeks tryed these 3 builds with nvidia windows 10 beta driver 352.63, 352.84 and windows 8.1 352.86 and SLI turned ON. And in all situations i get random stutter/fps lag or lag spikes. I have managed to reduce the amount of stutter and etc with the...
  4. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  5. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  6. Build 10074 not working as should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10074 not working as should: hi guys, my network and/or homegroup no longer work. After searching and trying to fix this (a couple of hours) i gave up, gave feedback to MS and returnde to Build 10061. Hate to do a fresh install, although i have burned the ISO. So i guess i have to wait for a...
  7. Cant Update to Build 10074

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Update to Build 10074: I tried updating to the latest build but when my computer restarts and turns back on, it gave me this error. 0xc1900101 - 0x30018 Here's a picture. Imgur 5803
  8. Upgrade to build 10074 fails

Upgrade to build 10074 fails: When I try to upgrade to build 10074 I get a failure message that reads • fbl_impressive Professional 10074 - Error 0xc1900107. I have tried Google and Bing but can't find a fix. Help! 5740
  9. Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c

Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c: I recently decided to sacrifice the OEM XP on this mini laptop and found it quite easy and relatively successful except for some minor hiccups: 1. The video controller driver appears to be missing so I don't get the Start screen nor the Charms. On the Intel downloads site I...
  10. Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074

Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074: Good day! Hope I can find some answers regarding the issues I'm facing while attempting to update from Windows built 10074. Issues: 1-When pressing Windows button, nothing happens, can't open menu bar. Need always to press right click to shutdown the laptop 2-No Store...