Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Leading up to its release this summer, Microsoft is feverishly working to complete Edge (previously called Project Spartan), the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...-page-for-edge

Brink, May 17, 2015
  2. Edwin New Member

Wish we could try this one out today!!! *Smile
    Thanks Shawn!

:)

Edwin, May 17, 2015
  3. KK48 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider

I have been an insider from the beginning but have purchased a new computer. It had Windows 8.1 but updated to Win 10 Home Build 10120. I set the advanced options to receive on Fast Ring but it will not offer the updated builds on the Fast Ring. I signed
    into the Insider Program and then tried to update without success. I even downloaded from the Insider Program but it just reinstalled build 10120. Build 10120 is activated.

What am I doing wrong?

4. Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

Tabs in microsoft edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to customize the tab in Microsoft Edge like you are used to in Chrome.

Please be informed that Windows has not yet introduced any settings to arrange tabs in Microsoft Edge.

To know more about Microsoft Edge, refer to the below links.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Your feedback is valuable and also an important scope for us to make new improvements on this new browser.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 17, 2015
  5. rfruth Win User
    Tabs and a whole lot more (hope)

rfruth, May 17, 2015
  6. just glad there is an option to turn this off

For me I want a clean new tab page as I open one to go to a specific site, don't need MSN and app recommendations on it

paulsalter, May 17, 2015
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    I was hoping for something more like SpeedDial instead.

At the moment I currently use a homemade webpage saved on my local machine as a homepage, which just has a search bar and some text links to my favourite websites. When I created it I made it so that the cursor is automatically placed in the search box, therefore I basically open a new tab/page, type what I want to search for and hit enter. Easy. If I want to go to one of my favourite websites, I open a new tab/page (or click home) and click the link. Simple and effective.

The first problem with this 'new tab page' is that the new tab/new page is something that's constantly used all the time and having all that other stuff on the page is just going to be incredibly annoying/distracting and just slow things down. It's a terrible idea for real life use and seems like something some MSN marketing person came up with rather than a software engineer.

The second problem is it seems to just have a list of automatically generated 'top sites'. I don't like this type of design, I want to put my own sites there, in the order that I want them in and I want them to stay that way until I decide to change them. I don't want it trying to automatically guess what I want and keep moving everything around depending on browsing. Also some of the URL's I would want there aren't links to the websites homepage, but to a specific part of the website.

So, the 'new tab page' in this format isn't going to be much use to me I'm afraid, but if it looked something like the pic below, it would be incredibly useful. No distractions/page loading and with the ability to decide what URL's I want to add myself. Also it should allow the links to be moved around by dragging and dropping, to choose the search engine to use for the search box and have the ability to sync that 'new tab page' between multiple devices as well.

Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 18, 2015
  8. linw Win User

I'm just hoping they will get the Favorites Bar functional. I'm easily pleased!

9. gzt7d8 Win User
    Yes, I agree too. My needs are simple....Favorites Bar (Functional), password vault and Home Page button.

gzt7d8, May 18, 2015
  10. besb Win User
    Me to!! I dont go near msn uk, I also have my own self created home page hosted locally
    I trust that edge does not send a copy to MS (browsing history) as it has embedded passwords
    I will treat this with extreme caution until all details are known.

11. Cliff S New Member
    There is too much going on, on the new tab page. People with slow internet or metered connections use it because it usually uses less band width to load, Edge's new tab page will just suck it up. Why do I need news or weather, there, when I have the app, that can be resize. Too much redundancy..

Cliff S, May 18, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    I like it. Better than nothing. Baby steps for Edgy.*Smile

Charlie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge - Similar Threads - build 10120 Microsoft

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Linux: We are pleased to announce the availability of the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel for Linux! With this release, Microsoft Edge is now available for all major desktop and mobile platforms. We’re particularly excited to offer web developers the same consistent and...
  4. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  5. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing: The browser and search engine for business [ATTACH] In our mission to empower people with knowledge with Microsoft 365, one critical opportunity is the internet. We know that 60% of the time people spend on the PC is within the web browser, and it has become the primary...
  6. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center: Looking for technical documentation and tools to help you customize and manage Microsoft Edge for your organization? Bookmark the Microsoft Edge IT Center, your one-stop shop for everything you need to support a modern web browsing experience. What’s new First, you’ll find...
  7. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  8. Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  9. Windows 10 Build 10120 Video

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10120 Video: here is a video of windows 10 build 10120 mkuci-2Zqu4 6076
  10. Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901: If you’re one of the many users who rushed to download and install the leaked Windows 10 build 9901, you most likely noticed the subtle visual tweaks that the company introduced here and there in order to make its new operating system more visually appealing. This process...