Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by AlanWade, Jun 17, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Source

AlanWade, Jun 17, 2015
  2. alphanumeric New Member

The All Apps Icon down by the Start button in Tablet mode is a nice touch. That was one of beefs. Right now you have to mouse all the way up to click the hamburger button and then all the way back down to click All Apps.

:)

alphanumeric, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Error code: 0xC004C003 when using the CDkey provided in the Insdier Webportal

The product keys have changed for builds 10147 and later.

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10147:
    KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10147:
    8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10147:
    CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Both to install and activate.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Andre Da Costa Win User

Activation in Build 10159

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10147:
    KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10147:
    8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10147:
    CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Both to install and activate.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2015
  5. sgage Win User
    "Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how the Windows 10 RTM will look and feel."

A whole bunch of new changes and features? With 41 days to go before release? No mas! Time to file off the burrs and make what there is just work. I have been trying hard to like Windows 10, but the one thing I ask is that whatever features are there just work, solidly, quickly, always. Screw a bunch of new changes and features! It's getting really late in the game.

When I work in Win10, I click on something, and cross my fingers and hope something will happen. The very basic stuff is still quite shaky. I really fear that this could turn out to be another Vista moment...

sgage, Jun 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm using the leaked build and it's GREAT!! I didn't notice any major changes but on the positive side.. it just works great.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 18, 2015
  7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Is Explorer memory crash on shut down/restart bug fixed in leaked build?

8. Olivir2014 Win User

@sgage, just because someone says that this build includes bunch of changes and features, that doesn't mean it is so. I admit, I don't install leaked builds, but I can't see anything more than fixing and polishing, which is what these builds are supposed to be abot anyway. So it's once again journalistic hyperbole...

Olivir2014, Jun 18, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi guys

It's getting a crowded Planet so let's be nice to each other !!

W10 of course needs to be made as good as possible -- and of COURSE you need to add new features -- Imagine giving up your mobile phone and not being able to run any sensible apps from it (Banking, Travel, Video serving, Email etc etc etc).

We use devices in so many different ways that weren't even around in Science Fiction stories back when Windows first made its appearance - or even when Ms Dos was around before.

Windows needs to interact with these devices and I'm glad it does.

Apart from some very minor glitches W10 IMO is evolving just nicely =-- and am about to try out leaked build 10147 which seems to be an excellent build judging by comments from people who've already installed it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 18, 2015
  10. maxal Win User
    I can also confirm on my SP3 it appears to be fixed.

maxal, Jun 18, 2015
  11. Vladimir Win User
    It's an excellent preview build for sure!
    Very nice minor UI changes, fast and stable.
    Since build 9926 it's the stablest one I've tried.

*Smile

Vladimir, Jun 18, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I'm very pleased with build 10147. It's far better than build 10130. So far the only thing I see wrong is Edge still needs a little more work. It's definitely getting better though. I still don't think I'll switch from Pale Moon to Edge as my daily browser.

Winuser, Jun 19, 2015
  13. STEVAE Win User

i don't know what you are doing wrong, but believe me, it isn't the builds. while i am also a little pissed about a few functions not doing what i want them to do, 98% of this stuff works flawlessly and without question. so i'm not sure what problems you are having, but this has been my main system for quite some time now, and it work very well. AND IT'S STILL JUST A PREVIEW. do ya get it? especially 10147, which has almost all of it very well together. the only things i can really complain about are the lack of background slideshow, and wifi dropping every once in a while. but for a leak, this build runs beautifully. hardly any problems at all. even cortana finally works, again, almost flawlessly. check your steps in loading it. i guarantee it's on you, not the builds.

also, i might be in the minority here, but i see a lot of changes. nice changes. first, 10147 is the first build where cortana works!!!! fully 100% it works. second, it's much faster than 10130. to me, those aren't just small features, those are huge. next, i think edge is progressing wonderfully, especially compared to how bad ie has been for sooooooo long. not that i would use edge very much, but it is already heads and shoulders better than ie. the live tiles working well, and the animations seem to be a very nice polish. also, maps, calendar and mail apps are soooo much better now. cosmetically, 10147 is also the nicest looking build thus far, with the most customizations. not only does almost everything work, but they work well. it is a huge improvement over 10130 in my opinion. i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week.

STEVAE, Jun 25, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    " i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week."
    ----------------------
    They enjoy watching us sweat and they enjoy reading all the boring rubbish we post here while we wait*Smile

15. recruit2 Win User
    Yes exactly, I'm getting sadder by the day the longer I stay on this 10130 mess!!! *Sad

Hurry up and give us a fresh surprise MS!

recruit2, Jun 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI - Similar Threads - Build 10147 showcasing

2. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  4. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  5. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  6. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  7. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  8. Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors: I recently installed Windows 10 on an older EarthWalk Lap15EW12 and right after that i noticed in device manager that multiple devices were giving Code 12s and were not usable. Here are the devices listed 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Broadcom 802.11G Wireless...
  9. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...
  10. Win 10 blue screen driver crash

Win 10 blue screen driver crash: I am having this problem for around 3 months and there is no actual persistence of the problem. While I play, exactly when I am shutting down the PC or when I start it up a blue screen appears with the sad windows face :( . I do use my PC on a daily basis and the problem...