Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by AlanWade, Jun 17, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

Source

AlanWade, Jun 17, 2015

2. The All Apps Icon down by the Start button in Tablet mode is a nice touch. That was one of beefs. Right now you have to mouse all the way up to click the hamburger button and then all the way back down to click All Apps.

:)

alphanumeric, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Error code: 0xC004C003 when using the CDkey provided in the Insdier Webportal

The product keys have changed for builds 10147 and later.

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10147:
    KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10147:
    8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10147:
    CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Both to install and activate.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

Activation in Build 10159

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10147:
    KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10147:
    8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10147:
    CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Both to install and activate.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2015
  5. sgage Win User
    "Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how the Windows 10 RTM will look and feel."

A whole bunch of new changes and features? With 41 days to go before release? No mas! Time to file off the burrs and make what there is just work. I have been trying hard to like Windows 10, but the one thing I ask is that whatever features are there just work, solidly, quickly, always. Screw a bunch of new changes and features! It's getting really late in the game.

When I work in Win10, I click on something, and cross my fingers and hope something will happen. The very basic stuff is still quite shaky. I really fear that this could turn out to be another Vista moment...

sgage, Jun 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm using the leaked build and it's GREAT!! I didn't notice any major changes but on the positive side.. it just works great.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 18, 2015
  7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Is Explorer memory crash on shut down/restart bug fixed in leaked build?

8. Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI

@sgage, just because someone says that this build includes bunch of changes and features, that doesn't mean it is so. I admit, I don't install leaked builds, but I can't see anything more than fixing and polishing, which is what these builds are supposed to be abot anyway. So it's once again journalistic hyperbole...

Olivir2014, Jun 18, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi guys

It's getting a crowded Planet so let's be nice to each other !!

W10 of course needs to be made as good as possible -- and of COURSE you need to add new features -- Imagine giving up your mobile phone and not being able to run any sensible apps from it (Banking, Travel, Video serving, Email etc etc etc).

We use devices in so many different ways that weren't even around in Science Fiction stories back when Windows first made its appearance - or even when Ms Dos was around before.

Windows needs to interact with these devices and I'm glad it does.

Apart from some very minor glitches W10 IMO is evolving just nicely =-- and am about to try out leaked build 10147 which seems to be an excellent build judging by comments from people who've already installed it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 18, 2015
  10. maxal Win User
    I can also confirm on my SP3 it appears to be fixed.

maxal, Jun 18, 2015
  11. Vladimir Win User
    It's an excellent preview build for sure!
    Very nice minor UI changes, fast and stable.
    Since build 9926 it's the stablest one I've tried.

*Smile

Vladimir, Jun 18, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I'm very pleased with build 10147. It's far better than build 10130. So far the only thing I see wrong is Edge still needs a little more work. It's definitely getting better though. I still don't think I'll switch from Pale Moon to Edge as my daily browser.

Winuser, Jun 19, 2015
  13. STEVAE Win User

i don't know what you are doing wrong, but believe me, it isn't the builds. while i am also a little pissed about a few functions not doing what i want them to do, 98% of this stuff works flawlessly and without question. so i'm not sure what problems you are having, but this has been my main system for quite some time now, and it work very well. AND IT'S STILL JUST A PREVIEW. do ya get it? especially 10147, which has almost all of it very well together. the only things i can really complain about are the lack of background slideshow, and wifi dropping every once in a while. but for a leak, this build runs beautifully. hardly any problems at all. even cortana finally works, again, almost flawlessly. check your steps in loading it. i guarantee it's on you, not the builds.

also, i might be in the minority here, but i see a lot of changes. nice changes. first, 10147 is the first build where cortana works!!!! fully 100% it works. second, it's much faster than 10130. to me, those aren't just small features, those are huge. next, i think edge is progressing wonderfully, especially compared to how bad ie has been for sooooooo long. not that i would use edge very much, but it is already heads and shoulders better than ie. the live tiles working well, and the animations seem to be a very nice polish. also, maps, calendar and mail apps are soooo much better now. cosmetically, 10147 is also the nicest looking build thus far, with the most customizations. not only does almost everything work, but they work well. it is a huge improvement over 10130 in my opinion. i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week.

STEVAE, Jun 25, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    " i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week."
    ----------------------
    They enjoy watching us sweat and they enjoy reading all the boring rubbish we post here while we wait*Smile

15. recruit2 Win User
    Yes exactly, I'm getting sadder by the day the longer I stay on this 10130 mess!!! *Sad

Hurry up and give us a fresh surprise MS!

recruit2, Jun 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 10147 showcasing improved UI - Similar Threads - Build 10147 showcasing

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22538 brings some improvements to Voice Access and the UI...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22538 brings some improvements to Voice Access and the UI...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22538 is now available in the Dev Channel. This release focuses on improvements to Voice Access, Voice Typing, a couple of changes to the interface and fixes some issues that were reported by users. [ATTACH] Voice Access and Voice Typing...
  3. A new UI change to improve windows 10 looks

in Windows 10 Customization
    A new UI change to improve windows 10 looks: I have been thinking for a while if I could think anything good for windows 10 and I thought that we can add the following feature. A GENTLE, SWEET CURVE ON THE EDGES OF THE WINDOWS ON ANY APPLICATION. I think that this can make windows look more better and nice looking....
  4. New leak suggests Windows 10 is set for major UI improvements

in Windows 10 News
    New leak suggests Windows 10 is set for major UI improvements: Windows 10’s Start Menu and Action Center could be refreshed with UI tweaks if a new code reference spotted in the preview builds has anything to go by. On August 21, Microsoft published Windows 10 Build 20197 to the testers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program....
  5. Camera closes immediately in build 10147

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera closes immediately in build 10147: When I open camera it closes immediately closes. Stays open about one second. Anyone else having same symptoms? 7245
  6. Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....: hello, i made a bootable win10 latest build using rufus as usual just like other builds. but this time when i boot there is no UI only black screen. therefore i cant proceed to installing it. 74910
  7. install of leaked 10147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install of leaked 10147: Just as the title states; whats the best way to try and do a clean install of this leaked iso without doing away with my current files, pics, etc that are currently on my hd. Ive tried a few different ways some people have already suggessted to no avail. because i either keep...
  8. Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked: Just leaked about a half hour ago, apparently. Links are pretty scarce at the moment. It's from the fbl_impressive lab, so I'm wondering if it's going to be the next public build. 10147.0.150613-1600.FBL_IMPRESSIVE_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO [img] Tip...
  9. Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 - improved UI, Start and tablet mode

in Windows 10 News
    Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 - improved UI, Start and tablet mode: Windows 10 Build 10125 is an unreleased and unleaked build of Windows 10 which includes a number of new changes and features over the last public preview build which is build 10122. Build 10125 includes new icons, improved customization to Start and a back button for tablet...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements: Latest Windows 10 Redstone builds finally start seeing UI improvements Internal Windows 10 Redstone builds are finally starting to see a number of new user-interface improvements and changes across the operating system for both desktop and phone, after months of working on...