Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] was trying to update to latest build but it doesnt want me to select to keep personal files and apps? 105456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win10Newb, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Win10Newb Win User

Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps

Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps [​IMG]

was trying to update to latest build but it doesnt want me to select to keep personal files and apps?

:)

Win10Newb, Mar 4, 2018
  2. max_aamir Win User

Found a problem in windows security

I hacked my own Windows 10 Pro N Build 17112 just to check windows security. Can someone have a solution to prevent it?

max_aamir, Mar 4, 2018
  3. TakseerH Win User
    Go back to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

The Insider Preview Builds is apparently on.

There's an option to stop the insider preview builds. I don't know if that would take it back to windows 10 home or not.

I can do a clean installation of windows 10 using the windows 10 upgrade media tool. However, when I get to "where to keep" windows, three options are provided. 1) Keep personal files and apps. 2) Keep personal files only. 3) Keep nothing.

And the only option that I can choose is the 3rd option. I can't select either 1 or 2.

I have many licensed apps on my laptop, and I really don't want to restore it to factory settings. This will be costly and time consuming, and all of this happened because a Microsoft support tech changed the edition without permission.

TakseerH, Mar 4, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

What are you using to try to update? 17112 is an Insider build, not general public. You specs say you are running 14390, which is 2, about to be 3 versions old.

I haven't run into this screen for a while, but it looks like you are trying to update to a version that is not compatible with what you are running. Like downgrading to an earlier, or x64 to x86 or vice versa, something along those lines.

There's only one MS official way you could have gotten 17112, and that is to be part of the Insider Program.

What are you using to try to install 17112?

f14tomcat, Mar 4, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    The RTM build of 1607 was 14393 so either that's a typo, or its an Insider build from shortly before 1607's public release: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

In general (for RTM or Insider builds) the greyed out 'Keep...' options indicate you are trying to upgrade to a different edition or language than the one currently installed.

Bree, Mar 4, 2018
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Yes, that's what I was alluding to with "or something like that". It was getting late, didn't quite say it right. But....no response, so............

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps - Similar Threads - Build 17112 select

2. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  3. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  4. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can't Select "keep personal files and apps" When Re-installing Windows 10 to Fix My...

Can't Select "keep personal files and apps" When Re-installing Windows 10 to Fix My...: I opened my laptop and something strange happened. My "Avira Antivirus" and "Windows security" have disappeared from my computer. I did a little some deep search, and found out that my windows got corrupted and re-installing windows using the media creation tool can fix...
  7. can't select "keep personal files and apps" when installing windows 10

can't select "keep personal files and apps" when installing windows 10: I opened my laptop and something strange happened. My "Avira Antivirus" and "Windows security" have disappeared from my computer. I did a little some deep search, and found out that my windows got corrupted and re-installing windows using the media creation tool can fix...
  8. Re-install windows with keep personal files and apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-install windows with keep personal files and apps: My windows is currently acting strange. For example it wont let me access the control panel giving me an error message and when I start or restart my laptop explorer.exe doesnt run and I have to manually start it from the task manager. I want to fix windows with the keep...
  9. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

Keep personal files and apps greyed out: I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17112 - Mar. 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17112 - Mar. 2: UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17112 (RS4) to Fast ring....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to upgrade windows 10 1903 t0 1909 keep files and apps greyed out