Windows 10: Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler

Discus and support Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I’m working on a laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520, if it somehow matters) and it’s running Windows 10 build 17134. I’ve been having some issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hila_G, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Hila_G Win User

Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler

Hello,
    I’m working on a laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520, if it somehow matters) and it’s running Windows 10 build 17134. I’ve been having some issues with the screen lately, it started after the last update - Just a few seconds after the computer boots, it dims.
    Every time it happens I’m changing the display settings manually and then it’s OK, but only until the next boot (then the display brightness goes back to 15%).
    I tried updating both my Intel display driver and the Nvidia driver but it doesn’t help, so I searched for another solution and found that I can change the display task scheduler settings to prevent it from automatically resetting the brightness. But there’s a problem. The task scheduler lacks the display settings. What can cause it and how can I add it? Is there any other solution you can offer me besides updating the driver and the task scheduler?

Your help is needed. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler 513585ca-c7aa-4142-bb6a-7c97af12f205?upload=true.png

:)

Hila_G, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Hila_G Win User

Hello,

I’m working on a laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520, if it somehow matters) and it’s running Windows 10 build 17134. I’ve been having some issues with the screen lately, it started after the last update - Just a few seconds after the computer boots, it dims.

Every time it happens I’m changing the display settings manually and then it’s OK, but only until the next boot (then the display brightness goes back to 15%).

I tried updating both my Intel display driver and the Nvidia driver but it doesn’t help, so I searched for another solution and found that I can change the display task scheduler settings to prevent it from automatically resetting the brightness. But there’s
    a problem. The task scheduler lacks the display settings. What can cause it and how can I add it? Is there any other solution you can offer me besides updating the driver and the task scheduler?

Your help is needed. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler 513585ca-c7aa-4142-bb6a-7c97af12f205?upload=true.png

Hila_G, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler

Hi Hila_G,

I tried searching for the Display setting on task Scheduler and found out that it is not showing the same option on my end. It might be applicable to previous versions of Windows. Can you provide
    the link or article where you got the workaround? We've received reports from some customers having issues adjusting the display settings on their computer. Since you are on an older build, I suggest that
    you update your Windows 10 to the latest version. Updates contain patches and fixes that may help resolve the issue. In addition to that, try creating a new user profile and check if the issue persists. Please refer to this
    link to know how. Sometimes, a corrupted user profile caused issues and affects the system
    performance.

Update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Hila_G Win User

Hey Gemzon,

Of course, I tried updating my system, but it's already up to date.

Besides that, people reported that the following suggestions have worked for them, all of those didn't work for me:

1) Updating Intel Graphics card driver to the latest version.

2) Removing Nvidia Graphics card driver in safe mode, then downloading the latest driver version and installing it *without* the Geforce Experience.

3) Changing the 'Dimmed Display Brightness' settings in Power Options to the max.

4) Under 'Enable Adaptive Brightness Settings' - setting both of the boxes to off.

So what was the solution for me, eventually? I found that even though my Dimmed Display Brightness settings were already set to the max and the Adaptive Brightness Settings were off, the 'Display Brightness' changed automatically back to 15% each and
    every time I logged off the system. But changing it manually in the Power Options back to 100% didn't help, so I enforced it using
    powercfg in the command line which I’ve runned as administrator.

Then I typed:

powercfg -SetDcValueIndex 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 aded5e82-b909-4619-9949-f5d71dac0bcb 100

The first number stands for the GUID scheme, the second for the Display and the third for the Display Brightness. The last number (100) stands for the brightness percentage.

If one is curious to see what’s their *real* current brightness percentage status, they can run

powercfg - q and then look at the Display Brightness Current AC+DC setting index in hexadecimal values (in conversion to decimal) before and after the procedure.

Hila_G, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler - Similar Threads - build 17134 lacks

2. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Task Scheduler by CMD: Excuse me. I’m a programer from Taiwan. I have a question about Windows Task Scheduler. Now, I have a exe program which is made by python pyinstaller need to use Task Scheduler to start it. Therefore, I use CMD to create schedule by command line:schtasks –F /create /sc once...
  3. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Task Scheduler by CMD: Excuse me. I’m a programer from Taiwan. I have a question about Windows Task Scheduler. Now, I have a exe program which is made by python pyinstaller need to use Task Scheduler to start it. Therefore, I use CMD to create schedule by command line:schtasks –F /create /sc once...
  4. Set Task Scheduler by CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  6. Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: Whenever we create an yearly/monthly job thru Task Scheduler, we need to set the start date of the job, prior to the current year/month Trigger date irrespective of Implementation date of the new job. For Eg. Implementation date of the new job : Jan 17 2020 the day...
  7. Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Issue in Windows 10 build 17134: Hi guys, i am facing one issue in windows 10 build 17134, when i shift from one SSID to another, network adaptor automatic disconnect from wifi signal. even not wifi search window shows. i have to restart to connect to another ssid. same windows 10 with different build...
  8. Updates for Windows 10 v1803 (Build 17134) x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates for Windows 10 v1803 (Build 17134) x64: Is 2018-07 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347) included in 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)?...
  9. Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler

Windows 10 build 17134 lacks display settings in the task scheduler: Hello, I’m working on a laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520, if it somehow matters) and it’s running Windows 10 build 17134. I’ve been having some issues with the screen lately, it started after the last update - Just a few seconds after the computer boots, it dims. Every time it...
  10. Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134: Working on a client's home network, noticed one version of Windows 10 has a Homegroup option, the other does not. So got home, checked my computer, no option. How do I network the two computers? The one with the Homegroup option does not see the one without it, but I was...