Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 1709, with "Show More Tiles" enabled the start menu extends to within about an inch of the right side of the screen. A maximum width equal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nolan_vode, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

In Windows 1709, with "Show More Tiles" enabled the start menu extends to within about an inch of the right side of the screen. A maximum width equal to eight medium sized tiles:

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken a58f07dc-1dfb-481c-b8ff-cc94680ea0ab?upload=true.png

In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" disabled, it displays the same as 1709, with the right margin dragged to its maximum:

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken 69bc5753-8d7a-472c-a38b-5fdf08690d2c?upload=true.png

In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" enabled,, the effect is just the opposite. It displays just as it would if

"Show More Tiles" was disabled, and there is no function to drag it any wider:

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken adad439b-3a05-448b-b970-626874303b03?upload=true.png

I first discovered this when upgrading to 1803.

I have since done a fresh install with my original installation disk, with no alterations except for the 1803 windows update, to verify that the effects are accurate. I also did a fresh install using the Media Creation Tool and the Windows ISO Downloader, with the same results.

:)

nolan_vode, Sep 12, 2018
  2. EliasCK Win User

Is my start menu broken?

Just updated as well, and thought I would finally give the windows 10 start menu a go, and not use classic shell. But I'm unsure whether my start menu is broken, and I should do a clean install.

• I can drag a tile from the start menu to the desktop, but I can't drag a desktop icon to the start menu so it becomes a windows 10 tile icon?
    • I can right-click a tile and pin a shortcut to the taskbar, but again, I can't right-click a shortcut from the taskbar and pin it to the start menu.
    • When dragging tiles around, I have to wait before the animation is done until I can start the next drag.
    • I only have two options, large square or small square. Wasn't there a time, where you could have wide and tall and huge tiles? Or does that only works for apps :/? (I don't use any windows 10 apps)
    • I can't rename a pinned shortcut?
    • And is there still no option to add custom images to icons and make them look nice?

Have Microsoft not had 4 years with these new "tile icons"? And it is till this bad?

The only way for me to pin a program to the start menu is by locating it in the programs list in the start menu and drag or right-click to pin it. I use multiple versions of the same program, but the programs list in the start
    menu only shows one, so how on earth to I add a shortcut to the other versions then?

EliasCK, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Sep 12, 2018
  4. David_347 Win User

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

Tile on start menu disappeared

I am running Windows 10. For the past several weeks, I have made no changes to my start menu. Today I clicked on a tile to start an application, and noted immediately that the tile disappeared from the start menu. I thought I may have accidentally moved
    it but I cannot find it anywhere on my start menu. It still is in the list of apps, and I can start it from there. If I go to that list and right click it still thinks the app is on the start menu, because it gives me the option to remove it. I have chosen
    this option and then it gives me the choice of adding it to the start menu, but when I choose that option, no tile appears. So the system thinks there is a tile there, but it doesn't show.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

David_347, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

1. Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken - Similar Threads - build 1803 Start

2. How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to show more Pinned Tiles on Windows 11 Start Menu: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is one of the hottest topics in the town of tech. The developers are adding new features and the consumers are loving it. There is a new feature in this OS that allows you to add more programs to the Start Menu. In this article, we are going to see how to...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  5. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  6. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  7. Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?

Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?: Upgraded the home computer this morning (win10 home). All was looking well until all of a sudden Paint.net starting showing half the image and shortly after, the Photos app as well. It only happens if I set the size of the tiles as small. Any idea what's going on and how to...
  8. Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening...
  9. Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening an...
  10. Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.: Hello, I'm new here on the forum looking for some help. I've been searching on google for quite some time and I can't find any answers. My problem is that when I right-click on a tile in the start-menu I only get the "more" option and thus I can not edit or remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 screen dont show pin tiles on start

2. show more tiles on start gray out

3. 1803 windows tiles

4. windows 10 build 1803 programs wont start