Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I performed an upgrade install from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 in 2015, I wanted to rebuild my system from scratch with the latest build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekLewis, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem

Hello,

I performed an upgrade install from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 in 2015, I wanted to rebuild my system from scratch with the latest build (1803) via the Media Creation Tool. When I try to run the tool, I get the error "There was a problem starting Setup...", I have read different approaches that have been tried so far I have not been successful in getting the tool to work.

I have tried:

-checked permissions and compatibility settings of the Windows update tool

-renaming the $Windows_BT and Windows.old folders

-uninstalling anti-virus and malware programs

- running troubleshooter on Windows Update, repairing the database, installing all updates, and installing build 1803

- deleting the contents of Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download

From the different threads I have parsed, there are some services that must be enabled for the update tool to work, I planned to try that next.

Are there any log files generated by Windows 10 or the update tool that would help diagnosing the problem?

:)

DerekLewis, Jul 23, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem

1. Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem - Similar Threads - build 1803 update

2. Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build: I just reinstalled windows from a USB key and started up the updates but check for updates says "You're up to date" but I have newer builds on my other computers (1809). The time on this computer is also wrong with automatic "Set time zone automatically" option enabled and...
  3. Windows build 1803 Enterprise N problems

Windows build 1803 Enterprise N problems: Hello, I've recently noticed severe problems with my computer when moving to the newest possible update build for the Enterprise N version of Windows. Things like having explorer crash, unable to use the keyboard and mouse, chrome losing all functionality, and very random...
  4. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  5. windows 10 build 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 build 1803: Hello and to Whom it may Concern: My name is John Apostoli, right now I am trying to connect two very moderen up to date windows 10 build 1803 and can NOT share a folder. Both are connected to the same router and both are on ethernet. I have done EVERY thing I can think...
  6. Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.371 will not update to 1803

Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.371 will not update to 1803: I have tried to update this computer to 1803 it is an HP Zbook G1. I have tried to fix the update service manually and through Microsoft Troubleshooter also I have tried downloading the update and install it (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) Nothing seems to work. I have posted the...
  7. Windows 10 1803 updating problem

Windows 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  8. Windows 10 x64 build 1709 - windows update issue for updating to build 1803

Windows 10 x64 build 1709 - windows update issue for updating to build 1803: Hi, I have some troubles to update from build 1709 to build 1803. - I removed firewall and AV. - I used diag tool - I followed post concerning stop services, change softwareDistribution and catroot2 folders, start services again. defender and office updates work. I...
  9. Windows 10 - 1803 build?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - 1803 build?!: last time I totally avoid the 1709 because it was a disaster by any means so my question now is how bugged windows 10 - 1803 build it is? I should wait for the next build or is safe to install the 1803 build ?! thanks...
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...