Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Appears in device manager. Driver uptodate.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrentMorris1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?

Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Appears in device manager. Driver uptodate.

:)

BrentMorris1, Dec 6, 2018

2. Internal LG burner installed but not recognized in Windows 10

Thank you for the suggestions. I updated the latest chipset drivers for my Dell computer and also rescanned and refreshed as you suggested. When I look at the drives on my computer, the bluray burner drive does not show up as an option to select. The bluray
    burner did not come with any software at all. I went to LG's website for drivers for WH16NS40 bluray burner and it lists software and firmware updates but these seem to be related to people who upgraded to Windows 10 from another version. I started to go ahead
    and install but there was a warning that the drive could be corrupted so I was afraid to download it. I have the LG version bluray burner.

RonaldTaylorT, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jaimetud1 Win User
    Brand New Bluray Burner WH14NS40 won't work in Windows 10

I just bought my first Bluray burner, an LG WH14NS40. I hooked it up, installed it in my tower and everything and the darn thing doesn't work. Windows 10 acknowledges the presence
    of the burner. It shows up under "This PC" and all. I've tried sticking CDs into it, DVDs, Blurays...nothing registers in the drive. I've tried other methods including uninstalling the device driver and altering the registry, but nothing works. Any help would
    be great.

Jaimetud1, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?

Brand New Bluray Burner WH14NS40 won't work in Windows 10

Just got off the phone with LG customer support minutes ago after spending the last day scouring the interwebs for answers, as my drive worked great under Win 7. She said they're releasing a driver update for Win 10 at the end of October/beginning of November.
    Hopeful, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Cheers.

JohnCockrell, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions?

1. Windows 10 build 1803 will not recognize LG Bluray WH14NS40. Any suggestions? - Similar Threads - build 1803 recognize

2. Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine: Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 - which seems wrong. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, multiple times. I've also tried different SATA ports - no...
  3. BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows

BluRay Drive LG WH16NS40 Not Detected by Windows: Hi! I use an HP laptop with Windows 10. And for the life of me, I cannot get the system to detect the internal Bluray drive I purchased secondhand to burn a few discs. The drive is connected via an SATA to USB cable, but it does not show up anywhere in the device manager...
  4. PIN not available and password not recognized - any suggestions?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available and password not recognized - any suggestions?: My computer was running slow, so I tried to log in using safe mode - but when I get to the standard windows login screen, it stated "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I switched to the Microsoft password option, but it won't...
  5. LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.

LG bluray drive does not show up in windows 10 anymore.: Hey all, I am unable to use my external bluray drive lg bd50nb40 that I have been able to use for the last 5 years, it shows up in devices and device management with the windows 10 driver showing as successfully installed but not in This computer my computer, shows hard...
  6. Some bluray discs are not recognized others are

Some bluray discs are not recognized others are: winver 1903 build 18326.387 Commercial blu rays. Some are recognized immediately others not at all. I have 2 internal bd roms and the firmware is current for both. Cd and dvd are fine and recognized. So the drives are fine and the Bly ray discs are fine.... windows just...
  7. Drive LG WH10LS30 not recognizing BD. Any fix?

Drive LG WH10LS30 not recognizing BD. Any fix?: This LG WH10LS30 is an old BD reader and burner I purchased in 2011. I had Windows 7 and it worked fine every of the few times I used it, mostly to rip some BD or DVD content. I even tested the LightScribe stuff once and all was right. Originally, it had the software...
  8. windows 10 build 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 build 1803: Hello and to Whom it may Concern: My name is John Apostoli, right now I am trying to connect two very moderen up to date windows 10 build 1803 and can NOT share a folder. Both are connected to the same router and both are on ethernet. I have done EVERY thing I can think...
  9. Windows 10 - 1803 build?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - 1803 build?!: last time I totally avoid the 1709 because it was a disaster by any means so my question now is how bugged windows 10 - 1803 build it is? I should wait for the next build or is safe to install the 1803 build ?! thanks...
  10. Pioneer BluRay not recognized by Windows 10

Pioneer BluRay not recognized by Windows 10: I recently installed a Pioneer BDR-2209 BluRay drive in my PC and Windows does not recognize it. It worked initially but is no longer showing in the Device Manager. It has power and is recognized in the Bios. Additionally, I installed the drive in a different Windows 10 PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lg LG WH16NS40 blu-ray not showing in device manager

2. will wh14ns40 work with windows 10

3. lg wh14ns40 not in windows 10 device manager