Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 1809 Doesn't recognize DVD

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 1809 Doesn't recognize DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating Win 10 to 1809, the system doesn't recognize a disk in the DVD drive. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by #MikeF, Mar 22, 2019.

1. #MikeF Win User

Windows 10 Build 1809 Doesn't recognize DVD

After updating Win 10 to 1809, the system doesn't recognize a disk in the DVD drive. What should I do?

:)

#MikeF, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10= no dvd

Hi Bill,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your CD ROM is not recognized after the update. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot CD or DVD which not recognized.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 22, 2019
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 1809 Doesn't recognize DVD - Similar Threads - Build 1809 Doesn't

2. My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10: After recent update i can't play dvd in dvd and it is not recognize by dvd player and I am facing this issue after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-is-not-recognize-by-dvd-player-in-windows/47a91ca3-864c-406c-bd45-05589e6d80f0
  3. windows 10 not recognizeing DVD player

windows 10 not recognizeing DVD player: windows 10 not recognizing DVD Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizeing-dvd-player/5cbeca7c-973b-427d-981b-7ad574aeec30
  4. DVD drive not recognized in Windows 10

DVD drive not recognized in Windows 10: When I plug my DVD drive into my Surface Book, the computer does not see the DVD drive. Is this a firmware update issue or another issue? Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-recognized-in-windows-10/58219eba-83e4-418a-a9b2-77fcd6607d89
  5. DVD drive is not recognized by Windows 10

DVD drive is not recognized by Windows 10: The update automatically was done on system. Now I cannot seem to play DVD's in tower. It is not even showing up under computer file section. Anyone have an idea? ***Original title: Windows 10***...
  6. windows 10 doesn't recognize my cd/dvd drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 doesn't recognize my cd/dvd drive: My windows isn't recognizing my Windows 10. Now according to MS support I'm running windows 10 64? Which I'm sorry not to familiar with that. My issue is my cd/dvd drive isn't recognized by windows. I tried a few solutions that was posted on the Community but to no avail ?...
  7. Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive

Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive: I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now my computer doesn't recognize my DVD drive. What do I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-my-dvd-drive/d8dd6b63-9849-4bc9-8a02-818012d86915
  8. DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10

DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10: HI, I installed Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and it works well except that my DVD drive is does not appear on This Computer. The DVD drive appears in Bios but does not work. What do I change to make it work? Thanks....
  9. LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10

LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10: LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lg-dvd-doesnt-recognize-some-audio-cds-on-windows/5c06d586-f6f0-4ea8-a8cf-36007d916d6b
  10. Windows 10 build 9926 setup wont recognize dvd/usb drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 9926 setup wont recognize dvd/usb drivers: Alright, so I have a separate partition and I'm using a program called EasyBSD to mount the boot.wim so that I can boot to the ISO to install Windows onto the separate partition. When I load Setup, it askes for DVD/USB drivers. What should I do from this point? 5081

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 doesnt see my DVD

2. win 10 dvd doesnt see dvd