Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft today released a new Insider Preview Build for its “19H1” branch for Insiders who have enrolled themselves in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 19, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements

Microsoft today released a new Insider Preview Build for its “19H1” branch for Insiders who have enrolled themselves in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build doesn’t come with any new features, there hardly have been any, since Microsoft is at the tail end of development for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update which is scheduled for release to the public next month.

The Windows 10 Build 18242 does come with many fixes for the Skip Ahead Insiders who have been testing the new builds for some time now. Below is the full changelog of what’s fixed and broken.

What’s Fixed:

• Microsoft fixed an issue which resulted in the background of notifications and the Action Center losing color in the last two flights.
    • An issue where thumbnails and icons not rendering when saving video files to the desktop has been fixed.
    • The back button in Settings and other apps became white on a white background in previous flights has now been fixed.
    • Certain apps crashed when trying to save a file from the app has now been fixed.
    • Nearby sharing was not working for some local accounts for account name which contained certain Chinese characters has now been fixed.
    • Rendering issues in certain type of PDFs in Microsoft Edge was reported in previous flights. This has now been fixed in the latest build.
    • You can now drag the emoji panel to a different position.
    • An issue with the Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing has now been fixed.
    • An issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices did not play sound in apps that also used microphones has now been fixed.
    • An issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights has finally been fixed.
    • Insiders reported issue with the Windows Hello taking more time in the “Getting Ready” state in previous flights has now been fixed.
    • An issue resulting in unexpectedly increased use of battery when using certain apps like OneNote has now been fixed.

What’s Broken:

• Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
    • Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.

If you are enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring, then the latest build is available for download via Settings>Windows Update>Check for Update.

The post Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Byu2 Win User

insider skip ahead is closed when install Build 17618

Windows 10 preview build 17618 rolling out to Skip Ahead Insiders but when set Skip Ahead it says closed you insider setting is roll back. what happened?

3. Windows 10 Insider Skip Ahead problem.

I'm on Insider build 17677 and am trying to get build 17682 but Windows Update isn't working. I was set to get Windows Insider Skip Ahead builds but now my Windows Insider Program settings says "Your organization manages Insider Preview builds through
    a Telemetry Group policy setting." The "Fix Me" icon is visible but greyed out so I can't select it and when I run Windows Update it won't get the new update. I ran Update Troubleshooter but nothing changed. I checked the registry settings suggested in several
    online fixes and they were reset to BuildBranch instead of SkipAhead as they should be for Skip Ahead/Fast settings. I reset the registry settings to the Skip settings but when I restarted my computer the settings reverted to the BuildBranch settings. In fact
    the settings reverted even if I didn't restart my computer. So I am blocked completely from getting any Insider builds at all presently.

CharlesMickler, Sep 19, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements - Similar Threads - Build 18242 available

2. Windows Insider build stuck on restart screen (skip ahead)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Insider build stuck on restart screen (skip ahead): Any time i try to restart my computer, it gets stuck on the restart screen. It's impossible to properly restart my computer, i have to manually shut it down by holding the power button...
  3. Windows Insider build stuck on update screen (skip ahead)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider build stuck on update screen (skip ahead): Any time i try to restart my computer to update, it gets stuck on the restart screen and refuses to update. After trying to leave the insider program, the update still exists and windows will not recheck updates. I have to force restart my computer every time, and windows...
  4. Windows 10 Build 18912 is now available for Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18912 is now available for Insiders with improvements: Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 Build 18912 from the upcoming Windows 10 20H1 update. The new preview build is available for Windows Insiders with one new feature and a long list of bug fixes. Windows 10 Build 18912 comes with improvements for the Narrator functionality....
  5. Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 now available for Fast and Skip Ahead Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 now available for Fast and Skip Ahead Ring: Microsoft is pushing out a new Windows 10 preview build 18252 from the 19H1 branch for both Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. This is the first 19H1 preview build which is going out to Fast Ring after the company released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update yesterday to all users....
  6. Windows 10 Build 18247 now available for Skip Ahead Ring with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18247 now available for Skip Ahead Ring with improvements: Microsoft today is releasing a new Windows 10 Preview build 18247 for Insider enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build doesn’t come with any new features but contains many new fixes and improvements. The latest build comes from the “19H1” development branch with...
  7. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18242 (19H1) Sept. 18

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18242 (19H1) Sept. 18: Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18242 (19H1) to Skip Ahead. General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC We fixed an issue resulting in the background of notifications and the Action Center losing color and becoming...
  8. Windows 10 Build 17755 is now available for Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17755 is now available for Insiders with improvements: Today, Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 Build 17755 to the Insiders with fixes and improvements. Microsoft has already completed the development of Windows 10 October 2018 Update so this build doesn’t come with any new features or major changes. Windows 10 Build 17755 comes...
  9. Windows 10 Build 17711 is now available for Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17711 is now available for Insiders with improvements: Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Build 17711 for Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings. Windows 10 Build 17711 is also from the Redstone 5 branch and the number of improvements included in today’s preview build is impressive, to say the least. Windows 10 Build...
  10. Windows 10 build 17704 is now live for Fast Ring and Skip Ahead Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 17704 is now live for Fast Ring and Skip Ahead Insiders: Microsoft today is pushing out a new Windows 10 build 17704 for Fast And Skip Ahead Insiders. The latest build comes with many new features for Microsoft Edge and a whole new Skype app along with fixes for lot of issues and improvements. The new build is part of the Redstone...