Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft yesterday shipped Windows 10 KB4505903 (Build 18362.266) for users in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider program. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 24, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed

Microsoft yesterday shipped Windows 10 KB4505903 (Build 18362.266) for users in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider program.

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 introduces a new change that would hide the classic Edge browser when you have both Microsoft Edge Dev/Canary installed. I have been able to reproduce the change on as many as five devices running Windows 10 Build 18362.266.

After installing Windows 10 Build 18362.266, the classic Edge will disappear from the Start menu or Windows Search results when Edge Dev/Canary is installed. You can still launch old Edge by typing “microsoft-edge:” in Windows run.

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed Edge-disappeared.jpg

The new behaviour is currently live for Release Preview Ring Insiders only. It remains to be seen if Microsoft will also start hiding old Microsoft Edge in production builds of Windows 10 May 2019 Update.

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed Old-Edge-removed.jpg

Windows 10 20H1

It’s also worth mentioning that Windows 10 20H1 preview update also includes some work that would hide the old version of the browser when new Edge is present. The new entry ‘HideUwpEdgeFromAppListIfWin32EdgePresent’ is present in Windows 10 20H1 Build 18936 or newer.

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed Old-Edge-hint.jpg

All these changes apparently suggest that Microsoft has finally started the work towards removing the old Edge browser.

The post Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 24, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 24, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed

Andre for Directly, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed

1. Windows 10 Build 18362.266 hides old Edge when new Edge is installed - Similar Threads - Build 18362 266

2. Windows 10 Build 19043.899 removes old Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 19043.899 removes old Microsoft Edge browser: As you may know already, Windows 10 still comes with three browsers pre-installed. There are two flavours of Microsoft Edge and the third browser is Internet Explorer, which is optional and can be enabled anytime. While Internet Explorer is not getting removed from Windows...
  3. Hiding Edge Extension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Edge Extension: Is there a way to hide an chrome extension (in Microsoft Edge) and view it? I am able to remove it from the bar, but not seem to find where it went. Any idea how to hide it but still find it? submitted by /u/epickaito27 [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  5. Edge chromium not replacing old edge

Edge chromium not replacing old edge: I installed the new Edge chromium canary and the old edge is still in my start menu. Do I need to do something to remove it? Also I did a fresh install of the latest 2004 ISO, updated windows etc and I'm unable to uninstall Cortana. Before I reinstalled Windows I was able...
  6. Not able to find old edge after installing 2004 and new edge

Not able to find old edge after installing 2004 and new edge: I usually use old edge for drawing on my assignments pdf to keep track of what question I have solved. Now after installing 2004 and new edge I am not able to find old edge and new edge doesn't save my drawing in the pdf ( It asks me to make a new copy of the pdf whenever I...
  7. New update installing new Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update installing new Edge: I have lost all my files 4 times in 4 days. Each time I close my computer, it does the update all over again when I open it up. I want this to stop! My work is suffering as I am spending 6 hrs each day simply rebuilding what I need. How can I make this update stop updating?...
  8. Can you hide scrollbar in new Edge somehow

Can you hide scrollbar in new Edge somehow: I want it gone. Ideally completely. If not possible I'd like it to be hidden at least when not in use. I used PC without touch (mouse and keyboard). submitted by /u/ohshrimp [link] [comments]...
  9. New Edge Canary Build

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Canary Build: I have downloaded Edge Canary Build and would like to know with it being in development is it secure to use I have Norton antivirus will this protect me when using browser also I see in settings it shows all your saved passwords and other information which I thought were...
  10. Windows 10 20H1 build hints at old Microsoft Edge removal

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 build hints at old Microsoft Edge removal: Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge first debuted on Windows 10 in April, and a month later it appeared on macOS and recently on Windows 7. Microsoft is also regularly updating the Edge browser with new features and improvements. Microsoft hasn’t revealed when it plans to remove...