Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I updated my Windows 10 so i could use the Xbox Game pass. but now when i open some programs my computer goes black screen and i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DylanSaunders, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

Hi everyone. I updated my Windows 10 so i could use the Xbox Game pass. but now when i open some programs my computer goes black screen and i have to restart. so far only two programs crash my computer (Kingdom come deliverance and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy) but it's very starnge and i don't want to revert my Windows build a second time and have to reinstall my Xbox game pass games.

:)

DylanSaunders, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Changing volume and opening certain programs crashes sound and videos

Now, the title sounds a bit odd, and it is.

My computer has started doing some weird things lately, it stops sound from certain apps completely and crashes youtube videos when I either change the volume on my laptop or open certain programs.

List of what causes the crashing

- Changning or muting the sound on my laptop

- Opening Fruity Loops Studio (a music production app)

- Closing my laptop by folding it together (like laptops are supposed to)

List of what crashes:

Youtube videos (all of them)

Minecraft sound

Discord sound and speech

Spotify temporary sound crash (comes back after a second or two)

Fruity Loops Studio sound and ability to play the song at all

That's all the ones I could remember off the top of my head

There is something odd going on and I have no idea what is wrong. it keeps getting worse

PS: I put the Question in devices and driver because I had to choose a topic, I don't know if it's the drivers that are failing

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC

Kasper Larson, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

programs crash because of Windows Explorer

I've came to notice here recently, that when i open windows explorer via icon shortcut or windows key shortcut, it will crash certain programs. Like winamp and aim.

At first i thought it was some kind of conflict my objectdock was making, but it does it without objectdock running as well.

anyone else experience anything like this?

xstayxtruex, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs - Similar Threads - Build 1903 Crashing

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288 build crashing when running a certain app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288 build crashing when running a certain app.: My pc gets the blue screen of death and kmode exception not handled. I've tried disabling my windows firewall and antivirus sfc /scannow resetting my windows and many more things but none of them worked. I used an app called WhoCrashed to see what the problem was caused by...
  5. Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288 build crashing when running a certain app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288 build crashing when running a certain app.: My pc gets the blue screen of death and kmode exception not handled. I've tried disabling my windows firewall and antivirus sfc /scannow resetting my windows and many more things but none of them worked. I used an app called WhoCrashed to see what the problem was caused by...
  6. Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288 build crashing when running a certain app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Certain windows programs not opening

Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  8. Frequent crashes in certain programs

Frequent crashes in certain programs: Hi, As of recently, my PC has been crashing without a BSOD. This occurs mainly with games developed in Unity and when I connect my Oculus Quest through link. I have tried resetting windows through the recovery option in settings. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and have...
  9. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  10. Computer Crashing Certain Programs

Computer Crashing Certain Programs: My computer has been crashing a game i am playing. It wasnt doing it last week but it is now every 3-5 minutes. below is the event Report: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 11/25/2019 8:23:51 PM Event ID: 1001 Task...