Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I updated my Windows 10 so i could use the Xbox Game pass. but now when i open some programs my computer goes black screen and i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DylanSaunders, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:17 AM.

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

Hi everyone. I updated my Windows 10 so i could use the Xbox Game pass. but now when i open some programs my computer goes black screen and i have to restart. so far only two programs crash my computer (Kingdom come deliverance and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy) but it's very starnge and i don't want to revert my Windows build a second time and have to reinstall my Xbox game pass games.

:)

DylanSaunders, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:17 AM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Changing volume and opening certain programs crashes sound and videos

Now, the title sounds a bit odd, and it is.

My computer has started doing some weird things lately, it stops sound from certain apps completely and crashes youtube videos when I either change the volume on my laptop or open certain programs.

List of what causes the crashing

- Changning or muting the sound on my laptop

- Opening Fruity Loops Studio (a music production app)

- Closing my laptop by folding it together (like laptops are supposed to)

List of what crashes:

Youtube videos (all of them)

Minecraft sound

Discord sound and speech

Spotify temporary sound crash (comes back after a second or two)

Fruity Loops Studio sound and ability to play the song at all

That's all the ones I could remember off the top of my head

There is something odd going on and I have no idea what is wrong. it keeps getting worse

PS: I put the Question in devices and driver because I had to choose a topic, I don't know if it's the drivers that are failing

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC

Kasper Larson, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:18 AM
  4. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

programs crash because of Windows Explorer

I've came to notice here recently, that when i open windows explorer via icon shortcut or windows key shortcut, it will crash certain programs. Like winamp and aim.

At first i thought it was some kind of conflict my objectdock was making, but it does it without objectdock running as well.

anyone else experience anything like this?

xstayxtruex, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:18 AM
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs - Similar Threads - Build 1903 Crashing

2. Screen goes black when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when opening certain programs: Hi, this issue started recently. No software or hardware changes were made around the time. I have 3 monitors, and whenever I open certain programs, one of the side monitors will go black. I have ruled out loose connectors, and other hardware issues, as it's usually the...
  3. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

windows 10 freezing with certain programs: Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little slowly these days....
  4. Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.: As I had the issue with the EXPLORER.exe class not registered, I had to re-build the windows 10, and that's when DIRT 3 and GRID refused to start in STEAM. I tried downloading all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and couple of .DLL files, ALSO. I did install OpenAL...
  5. windows 10 not opening certain windows

windows 10 not opening certain windows: when i click on notification tab in bottom left of screen, the notification box flashes open then vanishes.. also i have to go through the task manager to shut my laptop down because it wont work via the start bar. I also could not open the wifi connection menu as that was...
  6. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...
  7. Crashing only when playing certain games.

Crashing only when playing certain games.: So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft. This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that...
  8. I keep crashing when I run a certain program

I keep crashing when I run a certain program: When I launch Rumble fighter, after the patching is done and the game is about to launch. I get the blue screen and it says "kmode exception not handled dump_wmimmc.sys" I'm not very good with computers please helpAttachment 51118 i7-4790K MSI GTX 970 Gaming Red Asrock...
  9. BSOD When Using Certain Programs

BSOD When Using Certain Programs: Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for any help that is provided. 30347
  10. Windows 10 crashes when opening explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashes when opening explorer: i think it happens when i stress out my pc too much, but the thing is, it seems that even opening explorer (mycomputer, other folders) triggers it, and i dont think that should happen. when it does, it keeps rebooting, sometimes for 20 minutes. it doesnt get to the windows...