Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! Event viewer shows errors since I have installed version 1903 (a otherwise rewarding experience) of which the above mentioned puzzles me. I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulK._832, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll

Hi!

Event viewer shows errors since I have installed version 1903 (a otherwise rewarding experience) of which the above mentioned puzzles me.

I find two sysmain.dll on my local PC as follows

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..tenanceservice-core_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_a2655dc59270070d\sysmain.dll

both with timestamp 19/03/2019, 05:45

Is it one two much or shouldn't the update to version 1903 some days ago have installed a newer version of the dll?

Thanks for answers, if any.

:)

PaulK._832, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Error event 1023 source Perflib

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This means that you either do not have the correct DLL or are missing a DLL that is referenced in the registry. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Write down the name that is mentioned as
      [module]
      in your Event ID 1023 message.
    2. Click Start, click Run and type Regedit [enter] (If you do not have a run option just hit the Windows key + R)
    3. In the Registry browse to the key:

HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesServiceNamePerformance
      Where ServiceName references to the [module] name you wrote down in step 1.
    4. Under the Performance branch check the entry that says “Library”.
    5. Check if the file exits in the folder that is referenced in the registry Library entry.
    6. Search the computer for that filename to see if it exists on other locations.
    7. Compare file size and versions of the files that are found. If the DLL from step 5 is older/lower version then the ones in other folders you might want to rename this DLL and copy a newer one to the folder.

If you are unable to find the DLL anywhere else on the computer check the original media (CD/DVD) you installed the product from to see if the DLL exist on there. Copy or extract it to the folder where the Perflib expects it.

Then start a Command prompt and type:

REGSVR32 [path][file.dll] – where path and file.dll refer to the complete path and filename of the file you just copied.

Note: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates
    the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong
    information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

If you need any additional assistance, please help us with the following information:

1. May I know if the system is connected to a domain network?
    2. May I know when are you getting this error message?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 11, 2019
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll

SYSMain service terminated

The SysMain service terminated with the following error:

The request is not supported.

Event ID: 7023

Source: Service Control Manager

Can anyone help me understand what this is and how i can fix it.

Stevenduartefreitas, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll

1. Windows 10 build 1903 event 1023 failure to load sysmain.dll - Similar Threads - build 1903 event

2. Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL Event 1023, Perfib

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL Event 1023, Perfib: So I keep getting this error:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll" The specified module could not be found....
  3. Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL Event 1023, Perfib

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL Event 1023, Perfib: So I keep getting this error:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll" The specified module could not be found....
  4. Event 10 - Failure to load error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 10 - Failure to load error: Hello,i have multiple of these error almost everyday in event viewer. Does anyone know what is causing them?Failure to load the application settings for package microsoft.xboxgameoverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Error Code: -2147024893Failure to load the application settings for...
  5. Event 10 - Failure to load error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 10 - Failure to load error: Hello,i have multiple of these error almost everyday in event viewer. Does anyone know what is causing them?Failure to load the application settings for package microsoft.xboxgameoverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Error Code: -2147024893Failure to load the application settings for...
  6. Event 10 - Failure to load error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. msjter35.dll can't load VB Programm Windows 10 failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    msjter35.dll can't load VB Programm Windows 10 failure: Mein VB Programm arbeitet unter Windows 8 hervorragend. Unter Windows 10 kommen Fehlermeldungen. msjter35 can't load dll .Keine Datenbankverbindung.Die gauge.ocx ist nicht registriert.Kann mir jemand helfen um dieses Problem zu lösen?...
  8. Event 1023 Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event 1023 Error: What should I do? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerflibDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:19 PMEvent ID: 1023Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL...
  9. Event Viewer ID 1023

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 1023: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerflibDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:19 PMEvent ID: 1023Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL...
  10. Error event 1023 source Perflib

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error event 1023 source Perflib: Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL Oracle11. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-event-1023-source-perflib/b6ce52a7-cfda-4171-b243-2607d2bb32d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot load the extensible counter dll c:\windows\system32\sysmain.dll (win32 error code the specified module could not be found.).

2. Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL C:\Windows\system32\sysmain.dll

3. windows cannot load the extensible counter dll sysmain.dll

4. C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll,
  5. sysmain.dll could not be found,
  6. rename sysmain.dll file,
  7. Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll (Win32 error code The specified module could not be found.). windows 10,
  8. sysmain.dll could not be found win 10,
  9. sysmain error,
  10. sysmain.dll windows 10 ,
  11. sysmain causes 1023,
  12. windows could not start the sysmain service on local computer error 2 the system cannot find the file specified,
  13. amd64_microsoft-windows-explorer-shortcuts_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_a87dd3db69157aad,
  14. sysmain.dll error windows 10,
  15. windows cannot load the extensible counter sysmain.dll