Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1903 freezes my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1903 freezes my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So to make a long story short: I upgraded my laptop to build 1903 this summer. Immediately, I started having issues with the computer randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crysania4, Nov 1, 2019.

1. crysania4 Win User

Windows 10 build 1903 freezes my computer

So to make a long story short: I upgraded my laptop to build 1903 this summer. Immediately, I started having issues with the computer randomly freezing. The whole thing would lock up, no errors, no blue screen. It would just freeze. I'd force quit it and it would boot back up fine. And then it would freeze again randomly later on. Sometimes as many as 4-5 times a day.

I rolled back to 1809. No more freezing issues.

Recently, I started getting the 100% disk problem and it was suggested that I reset Windows as it probably had some corruption. I did that. 100% disk problem gone!

But now I'm back on version 1903 again. And lo and behold - lock up issues again, same as before. The problem now? There's no 1809 to roll back to because the reset installed the latest (and clearly NOT the greatest).

This IS an older laptop, about 5 years old. But it has 12GB of RAM and 1 TB drive, i7 4th generation chip. I don't know what's causing the freeze ups. Is there some way to find out and fix it? Or is there some way to reinstall 1809? I am getting EXTREMELY frustrated with it and unfortunately due to money, just buying a new laptop is NOT the answer.

:)

crysania4, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 1, 2019
  4. SwatRider Win User

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hello,

I have the latest windows updates, drivers, and BIOS.

The issue was caused by the Radeon drivers - i explained in my previous post.

To solve the issue I run a program called ClockBlocker that prevents the graphics card from downclocking and freezing the computer.

Thank you all for all the help.

SwatRider, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 1903 freezes my computer - Similar Threads - build 1903 freezes

2. Windows 10 Update build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update build 1903: USB External Hard Disk was used for extra space while updating Windows 10 Build 1903. After about 2 hours of access during update after download, the screen shows Error - "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". The USB Disk is not being accessed nor its Power...
  3. Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.239 update locks my computer

Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.239 update locks my computer: Hi, After Windows installs: 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4507453) ...upon reboot, my computer is unusable. I only see the desktop but not my icons in the taskbar I can open the Start menu but nothing I click on...
  4. Windows 1903 update. Computer Freezes. Help!

Windows 1903 update. Computer Freezes. Help!: Since the Windows 1903 update my computer screen turns black when I leave it un-attended for 20 minutes or so. If I press escape on the keyboard, the desktop re-appears but is frozen. I have to press the power button on the side of the monitor to turn computer off. Also if I...
  5. downgrade windows 10 build 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downgrade windows 10 build 1903: I need windows 10 build 1803/1089 cuz windows 10 1903 not support with my video card can someone share where to download windows 10 1803/1809 I cant find it...
  6. Windows 10 1903 build 18362.207

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 build 18362.207: Is it normal to have 112 processes going in the back ground? 60 of which are service host. Shows Edge even when not opened. Opened Crome and it shows 15. My CPU stays like this. What can I do????[ATTACH]...
  7. windows freezes after installing the 1903 build update!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezes after installing the 1903 build update!!: Hi there, I am having trouble with my windows 10 pc after updating to the 1903 build from windows update. First of all I had emense problems trying to actually update and found it was due to a flash drive installed to my pc and on removing found that windows updated fine....
  8. Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer

Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer: Let me tell you my experience and feedback so far for this update. I just installed the May 2019 update. Build 1903. It took 5 hours to install and start up. When it booted up to desktop, few issues i noticed: It removed both of my LAN and wireless network drivers so now i...
  9. Windows 10 1903 build update

Windows 10 1903 build update: After i installed the update (1903) and only after a second restart cause of the slowness of my pc, that i thought was due to the big update ( took 1,5 hours to install itself on my pc) , the entire start menu crushes.I can still search in the new search bar for "settings"...
  10. windows build 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows build 1903: A M D R7 windows stopped driver fault code 43 can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-build-1903/220fde84-ce57-41a5-a2a4-de28ad6a9a8b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1903 crashes my pc and freezes it randomly