Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When changing the windows color scheme to dark, it does not affect the address bar correctly. I've searched the forum and tried multiple "solutions"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jelle Scheyving, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light

When changing the windows color scheme to dark, it does not affect the address bar correctly.

I've searched the forum and tried multiple "solutions" changing to default theme and restart, dism restore, sfc scan but none seem to work.

Anybody having the same issue and was able to resolve this?

Thank you!

Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light 921d5853-3c8f-485b-b901-43890b801343?upload=true.png

:)

Jelle Scheyving, Apr 1, 2021

2. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

"Dark mode" refers to the Mail app's dark mode, common to Windows apps. Affects the color of the message list, menu bar, etc.

"Lights on" or "lights off" refers to the reading pane's background color, a feature recently added to Mail.

I'm asking if there's a way to set "lights on" to default, even if the Mail app is set to dark mode.

Ian Patterson, Apr 1, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Apr 1, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light

Windows File Explorer Address Bar

Hello karlsten,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you want to make the Windows Explorer Address Bar to Ligh.

Please try this if it helps

Press Start then search Settings

Select Personalization > On the left side click Colors

Select Choose your Color > Click Light on the drop-down list

If it doesn't work, Toggle between Dark mode then back to Light again.

You may try to restart your PC if it helps.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light

1. Windows 10 Build 19042 Dark Mode Explorer Address Bar stays light - Similar Threads - Build 19042 Dark

2. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  3. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  4. Windows 10 PC Won't Stay in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Won't Stay in Dark Mode: Everyday I change my Windows 10 computer to dark mode. But then the next time I log in after a restart or turning my computer back on it goes back to light mode. I have to change my computer back to dark mode everyday. How can I get Windows to stay in dark mode? Thanks....
  5. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  6. Build 19042

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19042: Win10 Pro 64bit 20H2, build 19042Following this weeks critical update the taskbar icons to the rt time/Notification/network disappear. To re show I have to toggle toolbar settings>use small Btns on/off. Same can be accomplished using Task view...
  7. Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?: Hello. Is it possible to have dark mode on your PC but have File Explorer light? I have seen a reddit post about the same topic but it seems outdated. It was posted 2 years ago. Maybe even a non-windows solution would be nice, like a mod or something. Thank You!...
  8. Light folders in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  9. in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast: On two of my desktops and one laptop in dark mode one bar is white withe no contrast. See screenpicture. I cant find why/ Help ap[ATTACH]preciated....
  10. Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark Mode Weird Bar in Explorer: Has anyone else had a impossible to remove grey bar show up in Explorer in Dark Mode? How do I get rid of this?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-weird-bar-in-explorer/f99e7b1b-2499-4120-9b67-5ba9c1f94904"