Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1909 start menu not working after restart

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1909 start menu not working after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Pulling hair out here. 64 bit windows, fresh install keeping files reset option, start menu working when turns on after install. Hurrah,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulCoats, May 17, 2020.

1. PaulCoats Win User

Windows 10 build 1909 start menu not working after restart

Hi,

Pulling hair out here.

64 bit windows, fresh install keeping files reset option, start menu working when turns on after install. Hurrah, download and install chrome, turn off. When turned on again, start menu etc not working.

Have tried everything. Scan, troubleshoot, create a new profile, obviously not removed chrome as can't get on internet without computer.

Am teacher and I use computer daily to communicate with my students who are at home. Now can't bloody scan work, send anything, do anything.

What the hell am I to do?

core I3 proc, 1tb HHD, roughly 6 yrs old.

Arghhhhh

Paul

:)

PaulCoats, May 17, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, May 17, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu not working?

Hello,

We would like to know more so we could assist you better. Kindly clarify the following:

• What is your OS build and version?
    • Are you getting the same error message when you try to access the Start Menu by clicking the Windows key alone and also the Start Menu on the left side of your desktop?

For the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to be able to use Cortana/ Search:

• Check for updates.
    • Restart your device.
    • Try the troubleshooter.
    • Create a new local administrator account.
    • Reset your PC.

For more information regarding the steps above, kindly refer to this link.

Should you have other concerns, let us know.

Karla Alm, May 17, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 1909 start menu not working after restart - Similar Threads - build 1909 start

2. Creating/building Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating/building Start Menu Windows 10: Would there be a current manual or notes available setting our or detailing how to install or create or build a Windows 10 Start Menu. Assistance is needed in correctly deciphering the various steps in producing a Start Menu. Thank you Benny Boy...
  3. start menu and search not working after Build 19041.264 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu and search not working after Build 19041.264 update: Hi there, I recently updated my pc to insider preview Build 19041.264, and my pc start menu started freezing and goes blank. the search menu no long pops up when I click the icon on the taskbar, and it no longer works in file explorer as well....
  4. 5Ghz not working in windows 10 pro after updating to build 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5Ghz not working in windows 10 pro after updating to build 1909: I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. When I boot into OSX it successfully detects and connects to the 5GHz network but when booted to Windows 10 it only picks up the 2.4GHz network. The network adapter obviously supports 5GHz as it works in OSX. Macbook...
  5. Windows goes in Sleep Mode while Working on, and this started after upgraded to Build 1909

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows goes in Sleep Mode while Working on, and this started after upgraded to Build 1909: Hi Team, Good Morning! I have my Dell Latitude 7490 Laptop with 16 GB RAM, i5 8th Gen. 1.7 GHz processor, provided my organization. I have recently 15 days back upgraded the windows version to Build version 1909, and since then I am facing this very weird issue. My PC...
  6. Start menu bug in 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu bug in 1909: So I am experiencing an issue, with the start menu. When I hover the cursor over the side-bar on the left of the Windows Start Menu, the side-bar expands to its full size instead of just showing the tooltip for the hovered item like in 1903. I've searched several times...
  7. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  8. Start Menu stopped working Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu stopped working Windows 10 1909: The start menu has stopped working, when I click on the start button it makes the search box disappear and the menu doesn't open. Restarting my computer fixes it for a little bit but then goes back to not working again....
  9. Restart Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restart Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restart Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Restart Start Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated the Start menu into its own process, called...
  10. Windows 10 Pro (build 10240) Start Menu and Apps not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro (build 10240) Start Menu and Apps not working.: Hi, Any help would be appreciated, I upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro (build10240) via the free upgrade. Everything worked fine until last week, when I was sitting at the PC and the Windows 10 Apps shortcuts vanished from the taskbar and now when I left...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search 1909 getting stuck

2. Start menu not working windows 10 1909