Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed this behavior when i did an inplace upgrade to this build version. Previous Records are not archived, they are just gone. Why is this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenCrawford1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over

I noticed this behavior when i did an inplace upgrade to this build version. Previous Records are not archived, they are just gone. Why is this happening?

:)

StevenCrawford1, Sep 9, 2020
  2. JohnBurns Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Clearing Administrative Events Log in Windows10

How To Clear Administrative Events Log

The Administrative Events log (listed under Custom Views) in the Event Viewer is a Filter that contains all of the event from the System, Security and Application event logs.

You can either clear these individual logs, or use the instructions below to clear all the event logs.

To Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

cmd shell solution:

PowerShell solution:

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

To Clear Individual Event Viewer Logs in Event Viewer

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

DavidPostill, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Loc2262 Win User

Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over

Anniversary update clears event log, known behavior?

Hello!

I noticed that during installation of the anniversary update Windows 10 completely cleared the event log (along with the list of installed updates).

Is that a known behavior?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Loc2262, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over

1. Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs and starts over - Similar Threads - Build 2004 clears

2. Windows System Event Log clears itself on computer start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System Event Log clears itself on computer start-up: Hi,I noticed something weird in Windows System Event Log Viewer,any time I reboot, shut down manually the computer the System Event Log clears.The first thing showing is:"The System log file was cleared." and the Date and Time is exactly when I power on the PC.I have looked...
  3. Windows System Event Log clears itself on computer start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System Event Log clears itself on computer start-up: Hi,I noticed something weird in Windows System Event Log Viewer,any time I reboot, shut down manually the computer the System Event Log clears.The first thing showing is:"The System log file was cleared." and the Date and Time is exactly when I power on the PC.I have looked...
  4. Windows System Event Log clears itself on computer start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs in Event Viewer and starts over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Build 2004 clears event logs in Event Viewer and starts over: I noticed this behavior when i did an inplace upgrade to this build version. Previous Records are not archived, they are just gone. Why is this happening?...
  6. Updating to Windows 10 version 2004 clears all event logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 version 2004 clears all event logs: Whenever Win10 system gets updated to version 2004 I've had a few colleagues confirm the same on their systems all the Event Logs are cleared. This could be a problem if an organization updates all their systems, and later find that a security incident has occurred just prior...
  7. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  8. How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Event Log in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 is known for acting up now and again with several types of errors. Now, you may want to get a deeper understanding of the errors, and that’s where the Event Log comes into play. Event Log files basically [...] This post How to clear the Event Log in...
  9. Failed to clear event logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failed to clear event logs: Hi @Brink, hope you are around for this! LOL This has not occurred between October 16, 2016, when I purchased this it, and today. So, if it is a minor issue, I am OK with ignoring these results. Failed to clear event logs Failed to clear event logs using...
  10. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...