Windows 10: Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

Discus and support Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, We have an issue possibly specific to a GPO in our environment that causes issues with the dnsapi.dll library in build 2004. The behavior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jordan Altmann, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

Hello,

We have an issue possibly specific to a GPO in our environment that causes issues with the dnsapi.dll library in build 2004. The behavior that happens after a domain join computer is freshly imaged with 2004 or is updated from a previous version is that if there is any network connectivity, lsass.exe will spike all cores to 100% CPU usage while trying to call dnsapi.dll and it will use multiple threads to attempt to execute. I was able to determine this using Process Explorer for sysinternals. This is platform independent and happens on both our Dell's and Lenovo's. If any network device is connected, this will result in a forever spinning login screen. If the network devices are disabled and the user profile is logged into, then a network device wifi/ethernet is connected, services with privilege escalations will fail due to the high CPU usage. If network devices are then disconnected, then after a few minutes cores free up CPU.

As a partial fix, I have replaced both 32 and 64 bit dnsapi.dll's with a version from Windows 10 build 1903 and the issue with lsass goes away and I'm able to log in and have no issues with high CPU usage or privilege escalations. The side affect of an older dnsapi.dll is that I'm unable to browse network shares and receive the following error in event viewer: "The DNS Client service terminated with the following error: The specified procedure could not be found".

The unfortunate thing is I'm unable to get a Microsoft resource because our org is under 500 people and our licensing partner can not even get a resource assigned to investigate the issue. If we are having this issue in our environment, I'm sure others are running into this as well.

CU KB 4565503 from the July 13 update does not fix the issue.

:)

Jordan Altmann, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Mohamed G Win User

Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

Hi Everyone,

I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now:

1. Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App.
    2. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select suitable Power Mode.

I did a Fresh Installation for same Build, yet issues still exist.

My Laptop is HP EliteBook Folio 9470m & I'm using latest Windows Update.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Muhammad Gamal

Mohamed G, Aug 11, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Aug 11, 2020
  4. KPatel_90 Win User

Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

d3d11.dll Issue

Hello,

I was trying to run an program on Windows 10, and it's giving me an error: "Could not load d3d11.dll".

Troubleshooting steps I have taken so far:

• Installed the latest version of Microsoft DirextX - downloaded from Microsoft website
    • Installed all the updates from Windows update
    • Check the path C:\\Windows\\system32\\ - the file is there
    • updated graphic's driver - from Intel website
      • reinstalled the driver
    • reinstalled the software that was giving the error.
    but the issue is still not fixed

KPatel_90, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

1. Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll - Similar Threads - build 2004 issues

2. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi all. So Build 2004 was just Force pushed onto my PC. I didn't click on it to get it, it was automatic. I tried this update back when if first came out and I had MANY of the same issues then as I have now. 1. Broken Sound 2. Cortana being brokenworked fine before, 2004...
  3. Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues: Hi! Does anybody know if there is already a hotfix to resolve bluetooth issue that a lot of people are having? I have 2 computers running Windows 10 2004 that have similar issues, 2 headphones with audio problems cutting, lagging and 1 bluetooth mouse that loses...
  4. windows 10 build 2004 Wired EAPOL issues

windows 10 build 2004 Wired EAPOL issues: Hi We still have issues with the 802.1x authentication on a wired connection. No problem with the wireless, Microsoft had issues in the pass, was fix and then came back with build 2004. anybody else have problems with EAPOL Wired? thanks...
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 2004: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  6. Windows 10 Build 2004 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 issues: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004

Windows 10 Build 2004: every time i try to install the update i get the error 0xc19001e2... how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-2004/06515840-3515-4907-8b36-56ccef64b022
  8. windows 10 build 2004 802.1x authentication issues

windows 10 build 2004 802.1x authentication issues: Hi We installed the new windows 10 2004 feature on some computer's and the 802.1x authentication fails. Any ideas when this will be fix? we had to revert to 1909 and works fine with that build. thanks...
  9. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update: I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I am having. To note, Windows Updates auto pushed the May 2020 update to my PC. I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use to be...
  10. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi Everyone, I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now: Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select...