Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is bringing quite a lot of changes in Windows 10, and the technical preview builds that can be downloaded right now are living proof that, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 4, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..

More

labeeman, Jan 4, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen.. [​IMG]

Interesting change from the current login. I for one really like the new look, YMMV.

Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Jan 4, 2015
  3. dohai267 Win User
    Fingerprint disappeared when on Windows 10 Build 10586

Hello everybody,

My device is Elitebook 840 G1

I have upgraded from Windows 10 Build 10240 to Windows 10 Build 10586, everything work fine and then I performed a clean install of Windows 10 Build 10586.

After I setting up my fingerprint and lock the PC, the login screen appears 3 option for signing in: Password, PIN and Finger. But when I restarted the PC, the login screen hasn't shown the finger option! Only 2 options available: Password & PIN. So I login
    to the PC and lock it again and surprise! The finger option appear again!

I don't why but I tried to install fingerprint driver from HP to Windows Update but fail, even delete device and install driver again. I also tried the old and new driver from Windows Update. Now I can login with 2 option, how can I login with finger like
    on Build 10240?

My fingerprint device is Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003f)

dohai267, Jan 4, 2015
  4. Mani Ca Win User

Windows 10 Pro Cannot pass Windows 10 Pro LOCKSCREEN to Login

After upgrading from windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, the only issue cannot pass through Lock screen to Login , It only happen after screen is locked more then 1 hour , tried Power and sleep setting are set
    to never which makes no difference still cannot pass through the Lock screen to login window. only thing left is to reboot to make it work and same thing happen when screen is locked for more then an hour.

System Details:

AMD FX 8350 4Ghz

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Build : 10240

Mani Ca, Jan 4, 2015
  5. looks ok if you have more than one account, don't see the point for single user machine, just looks like an extra step to enter your password

paulsalter, Jan 4, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    I have auto-logon set up on 9901 - works fine. You don't have​ to enter your password..

adamf, Jan 4, 2015
  7. I have auto-logon set up on 9901 - works fine. You don't have​ to enter your password.. Sounds like a good option, is that with an MS account or local? (I use MS account)

paulsalter, Jan 4, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

adamf, Jan 4, 2015
  9. Thanks for the info, going to do some reading of that

paulsalter, Jan 4, 2015
  10. Is there an iso of this thing anywhere that's less than 2 GB? Everything I see is 4. So I assume it's an Enterprise edition? Why the big rigamarole to download?

MilesAhead, Jan 4, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    I don't know if it's an improvement, but at least they got rid of that lock screen that everyone 'loves' so much!!! *Wink
    Just different I guess, haven't tried it with a local account yet. Kinda buggy though.

Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen.. [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 4, 2015
  12. Lock screen on startup is foolish *Smile

ThrashZone, Jan 4, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

lol! Yeah, pretty much!
    This is is strange though: I can enter my info with keyboard controls with the lock screen down because it's translucent; so..., yeah, I don't get the point of that either.
    I'll fool around with it some more.

Edwin, Jan 4, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Seems to be a part of 'Continuum' Mode. The controls and icons are similar and the 'bugginess' is similar! *Wink

Edwin, Jan 4, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I don't think so, mine's 3.96GB.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen.. - Similar Threads - Build 9901 Features

2. current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware: Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware workstation -- same in vmplayer)....
  3. 9901

in Windows 10 Support
    9901: does anyone know the release date of this new build 3374
  4. Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901: It's a well-known fact that many users who switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8 wanted Microsoft to bring Aero effects back in the modern operating system, despite the company's new approach for flat design. Some features, however, continued to be available on Windows 8...
  5. New screenshots of Windows 10 build 10031 show new login screen

in Windows 10 News
    New screenshots of Windows 10 build 10031 show new login screen: [img] The last release of Windows 10 arrived in late January and while many thought a build would arrive in February, alas, here we are in March without a build to play with. But, just because Microsoft won't release a build doesn't mean we can't get a look at what's...
  6. Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901: If you’re one of the many users who rushed to download and install the leaked Windows 10 build 9901, you most likely noticed the subtle visual tweaks that the company introduced here and there in order to make its new operating system more visually appealing. This process...
  7. Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901: 7 comments [img] Over the weekend, an internal build of Windows 10 leaked that shows significant updates to the user interface including a new theme for the desktop. One of the features that has been updated in this build is Storage Sense and it provides a few hints...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..: Windows 10 build 9901 got leaked yesterday, and in addition to Cortana and some other improvements that point to the unification of the desktop and mobile platforms, it also comes with a handful of features that need to be manually activated. Case in point, a stylish new...
  9. Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In

in Windows 10 News
    Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In: Yesterday a new build, version 9901, of Windows 10 leaked onto the web and many people were likely curious to try it out. However, installing this version will break your Insider update cycle and you won’t receive further builds. Microsoft has been very forthcoming with...
  10. Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901: As expected, this newly leaked build of Windows 10 features a ton of improvements over what we've seen officially in the Windows 10 Technical Preview. And it makes me wish we could go back to the old days of weekly builds during Windows betas. Anyway, there is a lot here....