Windows 10: Windows 10 - build selection for old PC.

Discus and support Windows 10 - build selection for old PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have old laptop, Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB hard drive. For my daily I use Ubuntu. But I am in need of sometimes(once every two weeks) using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mypossiblepasts, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - build selection for old PC.

So, I have old laptop, Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB hard drive.
    For my daily I use Ubuntu. But I am in need of sometimes(once every two weeks) using Windows only software(mainly Office), so I dual boot Windows 7 with 20 GB partition for it.

Let's say I want to change 7 for 10.

Is there a way for these 20 GB to be enough for Windows 10?
    If so, which build should I use? Should I go with old 15**/16** or with more recent, like 1909?

(I don't care about security/updates, my focus is on limiting hard drive usage, hoping that 10 runs faster than 7)

submitted by /u/mypossiblepasts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mypossiblepasts, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 18, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 - build selection for old PC.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - build selection for old PC.

1. Windows 10 - build selection for old PC. - Similar Threads - build selection old

2. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  3. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build: I recently bought a brand new PC, and thought it would be good to add my old SSD to it. When the system booted up for the first time, it somehow reverted back to the old windows files were exactly where they were etc, with windows still in the old drive.I would like to ask a...
  4. Connected old SSD with windows to new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  6. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  7. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows 10 build 1908 worked with old printer but not build 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 build 1908 worked with old printer but not build 2004: The printer I have is the Lexmark Z605. Worked fine until the latest build as the the driver is no longer recognized even in compatibility mode. The printer program works and is no longer supported by Lexmark. Can someone tell me how to get the driver to work again? Is there...
  9. Windows 10 OLD Builds on New CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 OLD Builds on New CPU: Do Windows 10 OLD Builds f.e RTM work on NEWER CPU? I want to run Windows 10 LTSC which is based on Build 1809 but the CPU I'm planning to use is based at around same age as the Windows 10 LTSC build released. Basically the CPU I'm trying to run is i3 7020u from a Laptop and...
  10. Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build: I got a laptop 2 years ago that came with windows 10 on it. Juice spilled on it, and now it's broken. Won't turn on or light up even when plugged in. Is there an easy way I can recover my Windows 10 product key from it, or does Microsoft prevent you from doing this? I would...