Windows 10: Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations

Discus and support Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 pro V.1909 OS build 18363.657. The PC was home built using a M5A78L-M PLUS USB3 mother board that does not support UEFI. Drives are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Machinist60, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations

Running Windows 10 pro V.1909 OS build 18363.657. The PC was home built using a M5A78L-M PLUS USB3 mother board that does not support UEFI. Drives are 256GB SSD, 1000GB HDD and 2000GB. The two HDDs are from from a previous win 7 system.
    As it stands now the system takes 2 minutes to boot and it does so off C:. I suspect it has to do with the way the dives are set up.
    See the attached screen shots.

Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations [​IMG]

One thing I now realize is that I should not have deleted the win 7 OS from G:. How to fix the MBR?
    Why does D: show empty in file explorer (I did move all the data off it with cut/paste) yet This PC shows only 132MB free of 578?
    What is the significance of Disk 1 being GBT?
    I am hoping to have only the OS on the SSD in a single partition.
    Any help to climb out of this mess will be much appreciated.

:)

Machinist60, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2020
  3. HDD not showing in the File explorer in Windows 10.

Hello Lorna,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you have allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter
    or a drive name.

Allocate a drive letter to the HDD by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the HDD to the PC.

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows Key + R
      keys on the keyboard, type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Unallocated disk drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where in the process you will get to a window where you can allocate a drive name for the HDD.

• After allocating a drive letter, right click on the drive and select
      Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations

Use of drives wrongly allocated.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Windows 10 is not installed properly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "Windows 10 I discover that the 2TB hard drive that I used for photographs only has been allocated for use as the primary root drive C", are you referring that 2TB drive is where Windows 10 is installed? Which drive have you exactly clean
      install Windows 10?
    • What is the drive name where Windows 10 is previously installed?

Please get back to us with an update on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations

1. Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations - Similar Threads - build tangled HDD

2. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  3. Windows memory allocation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows memory allocation: I have dell inspiron 15 , Ryzen 5 7000 series laptop. I am using windows 11.after installed Ubuntu 22.04, the memory allocation got reduced to 2GB usable out 8GB for Windows 11 .Kindly assist. As the windows 11 is getting many crashing errors and got the system slower....
  4. Cannot Allocate new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Allocate new HDD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/artvandelay-__- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikglwi/cannot_allocate_new_hdd/
  5. TANGLED ACCOUNTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    TANGLED ACCOUNTS: I AM JUST WONDERING DID ANYONE EVER GET THIS FIGURED OUT? IT IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING I AM THINKING HOW UNSAFE IT IS FOR MY BUSINESS, WITH THE NETWORK IT IS CONNECTING THE ACCOUNTS AND THE COMPUTER S AS ONE AND IT HAS ME FEELING AT RISK FOR THE BUSINESS FILES... HOW CAN I...
  6. Unable to allocate partition in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to allocate partition in windows 10: I installed Linux mint with windows 10 in my laptop. Then because of some issues I decided to remove it. I deleted the grub loader using command prompt and then when I am trying to delete the partition I allocated to Linux mint, I'm not able to do that somehow. This is my...
  7. Increase allocation letters HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase allocation letters HDD: Hello, asks if I hesitate a way or a tweak to increase allocation letters to the disk drives. Generally they are 26 and go from A to Z, I ask if it is possible to increase this range by entering numbers, eg. A1, B1, A2, B2, etc ... [ATTACH] Thank you 137180
  8. Increase allocation letters HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase allocation letters HDD: Hello, asks if I hesitate a way or a tweak to increase allocation letters to the disk drives. Generally they are 26 and go from A to Z, I ask if it is possible to increase this range by entering numbers, eg. A1, B1, A2, B2, etc ... [ATTACH] Thank you 137180
  9. WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...: Ok so the bullet points of my situation: I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug & PlayI I have 6 drives I have been trying to access and have only gained access to 1. A Toshiba, the rest aree WD, all various...
  10. Intel Tangle Lake 49-Qubit Processor

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Tangle Lake 49-Qubit Processor: [img] At CES 2018 in January, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich predicted that quantum computing will solve problems that today take months or years for our most powerful supercomputers to resolve. Krzanich then unveiled Intel’s 49-qubit superconducting quantum test chip, code-named...