Windows 10: Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mfraij82, Nov 30, 2015.

1. mfraij82 Win User

Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems

i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems.
    now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems
    1) if i leave the "security settings==>local policies==>security options==> User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account==> disabled" as it is the default option i can't run the new windows programs like settings, edge... etc.
    2) if i change User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account to enabled, i can't install certain programs and also i have to run some applications as administrator (which i don't want to do for every application and that's why i use the built-in administrator account), to get full access to the windows drive "c:" and it's subfolders.

can anyone help me to solve this issues....

:)

mfraij82, Nov 30, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

how can I set a pswd for the admin acct - Win 10 ?

Are you referring to a user account with Administrator permissions or the built-in Administrator account?

The built-in Administrator is not a user account. It's a system account for troubleshooting, and it's your last chance before a re-install. Do not use the built-in Administrator as your user account.

How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10

BulldogXX, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Remove MS Account from Device and from built-in Administrator account

Unfortunately disabling the built-in administrator account in Windows 10 does not allow one to change the login of a regular administrator account to an MS Account when the built-in administrator account was an MS Account login in Windows 7 before upgrade
    to Windows 10 — at least I cannot make it do that.

JerryPaquette, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Wynona, Dec 1, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The built-in administrator account in Windows 10 was designed to be an emergency backup only when all other administrator accounts have been disabled or deleted. You really need to just create a new local account with administrator privileges and use that instead or you will just continue to have issues.

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2015
  6. mfraij82 Win User
    the problem is with a normal admin account not the built-in admin, i need to run some app as administrator to access system folder... annoying thing

mfraij82, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Built-in administrator account problems - Similar Threads - Built administrator account

2. Built in administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  3. Built in administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  4. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  5. Windows 10 built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built-in administrator account: I can't access my Microsoft Store because of the built-in administrator account. Please how can i resolve this issue on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-built-in-administrator-account/696a0530-4eac-4348-9029-ec27f7b74a57
  6. Windows 10: only have built-in administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10: only have built-in administrator account?: So yesterday i installed windows 10 on my computer and ofcourse i kept all my files. So i logged in to a microsoft account in order to use the app store. But when i looked, windows also used that microsoft account as email adres and name of my windows account on my pc....
  7. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  8. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  9. Built in Administrator - account security questions?

Built in Administrator - account security questions?: After a couple of weeks of using Windows 10, I finally have the OS installed, tweaked and personalized. The last thing on the list is to tighten-up the default security account/settings of Windows 10 on the PC. In the past I attempted to do this w/ Windows 7 with...
  10. The ...cannot be opened with built-in administrator account problem

The ...cannot be opened with built-in administrator account problem: I am trying to help my neighbor upgrade to windows 10 from 8 (we have downgraded once because of these problems, and if I can't get this solved soon, I will have to do it again). In 8 apparently, she was using the builtin admin account as her primary/only account, though...