Windows 10: Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, since few weeks, I started notice many problems on my Win 10, after 2 months of my update to windows 10 version 1511 (official), these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mohamedelkhatri, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem

Hello everyone, since few weeks, I started notice many problems on my Win 10, after 2 months of my update to windows 10 version 1511 (official), these problems are:
    -I can't add any tile to the start menu and can't remove or move them, and their context menu has less options.
    -Some built-in apps have a problem like "Microsoft Photos", "Microsoft Camera"..... I can't open any photo or take a picture using them. And their name in the start menu is like (@{Microsoft.Windows.Photos_16.122.14020.0_x86_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.Windows.Photos/Resources/AppFriendlyName/}), I tried to make an update on Windows store but I couldn't update them because I had an error: 0x80070003, I tried to reinstall and uninstall them using powershell but it didn't work.
    Can someone help me in my 2 problems and thank you for your help!

:)

mohamedelkhatri, Mar 24, 2016

2. Start Menu and Built-in Apps problem

Hello, thanks you very much for your answer, I actually tried all of the methods but unfortunately, none of them worked for me. None of the problems is solved. What other solution do you propose, should I reinstall Windows 10 to fix it? Or maybe refresh
    it? Or restore it? Thanks.

mohamedelkhatri, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Start Menu and Built-in Apps problem

Hello Mohamedel,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues in Windows 10.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Method 3

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem

Please do the suggestions in the order they are listed :

1. Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. If any found, it will try to repair.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If you get a "Source files could not be found" message, please post back. There is a fix for that.

2. If the above does not fix, do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem

1. Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem - Similar Threads - Built apps ans

2. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  3. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  4. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Problems: Having just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, I was distressed to find that all of the tiles from my Windows 8.1 configuration had disappeared. In an effort to recreate the 8.1 experience, I have turned on "Use start full screen" in Settings - Personalization - Start. Windows 8.1 used...
  6. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu problem: Hello How can I reset to the standard my start menu? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/windows-10-start-menu-problem/e1a19f00-2159-4d91-a880-e1b4e590b3d4
  7. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem pinning apps to the start menu: I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start". Received this reply.. wonderded if it was a known...
  8. Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive: Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my Windows 10 PC's inability to use the start menu, and other programs specifically for Windows 10 (such as Control Panel, Updates, Settings, Cortana/Search, etc.) All other aspects of the computer work, programs, file explorer,...
  9. How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 10: The title of the article is How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 8.1, but I just checked and it works great in Windows 10! When reading the article, follow the instructions in Windows 10 and there ya go! I usually advise readers, but this time a reader...
  10. Windows 10 start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu problems: Downloaded W10 last night (from win 8.1) and right out of the gate I am having problems with the start menu. 1) can't get live tiles to work on tiles in the start menu 2) some are garyed out 3) I remember seeing extra large app sizes in the W10 preview builds but...