Windows 10: Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

Discus and support Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm in the US pacific time zone, using windows 10 calendar and google calendar. Everything was working fine until daylight savings ended last week, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by uberpotato, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

I'm in the US pacific time zone, using windows 10 calendar and google calendar. Everything was working fine until daylight savings ended last week, now when I add an event to my windows calendar it looks correct locally but comes up as mountain time in google calendar, and all my google calendar events are showing up on windows 10 as if I were in mountain time.

I checked the time/date settings and it is definitely set to pacific time, no DST, etc. Tried turning automatic time zone on and off to no effect.

Google calendar is set up to use pacific time zone as well. No problems there.

Any suggestions?

:)

uberpotato, Nov 5, 2020
  2. eschalk Win User

Calendar showing up in wrong time zone

I want to add a Microsoft Calendar that uses a different time zone to my existing Outlook calendar (in WP8.1). However the time zone is changed then to my own time zone, resulting in wrong time slots. What can I do?

eschalk, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Ellen22 Win User
    Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Nov 5, 2020
  4. B. Parker Win User

Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

Calendar Events Appear with the Wrong Time Zone

When my wife adds an event to her Shared Calendar from her 950XL, the events show up on our Office 2016 Calendars with the incorrect time and from Monrovia, Reykjavik.

If she enters an event into the same Shared Calendar from her computer, in Office 2016, then the time zone and time is correct.

I've confirmed that her Windows Phone, both our computers and both of our Microsoft Accounts all report that they're located in the correct time zone.

So, I'm not sure why the events keep coming up in the Reykjavik time zone.

Suggestions?

B. Parker, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

1. Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone? - Similar Threads - built calendar using

2. Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events: When I enter new events into my Google Calendar using the Windows 10 Calendar App on my laptop, the app uses the wrong time zone and the event shows up on my other devices as a hour off. I am in the Pacific Time Zone and the event shows up in my Google Calendar as on Mountain...
  3. my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone: Hi - my windows calendar app makes meetings in the wrong time zone - help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-calendar-app-makes-meetings-in-the/6f8991d1-3b74-4822-811e-d4274d59a65c
  4. Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone: I know this is possible in Outlook but in Windows 10 Mail, when creating an event I'm not seeing the ability to set the time zone for that specific calendar event. Is it possible?...
  5. Wrong 'Time Zone'

Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  6. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  7. Windows 10 Morocco time zone is wrong

Windows 10 Morocco time zone is wrong: Hello, This is a statment more than reporting a problem, the Moroccan time has not been yet fixed, on windows, the local time at morocco is UTC+1 not UTC. So is there a way that microsoft will fix that ? Cause this is creating me some problems with some apps. Regards...
  8. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  9. Windows 10 time zone always wrong.

Windows 10 time zone always wrong.: My pc time is always wrong and i cant change my time zone. I have turned set time zone automatically off and tried several ways to fix it but it still doesn't work. Can i get some help?...
  10. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...