Windows 10: Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

Discus and support Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I updated my laptop this weekend from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Home). Everything seems to run fluently and I already made a back-up on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rednal, Jan 14, 2020.

1. rednal Win User

Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

Hello

I updated my laptop this weekend from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Home). Everything seems to run fluently and I already made a back-up on a secondary internal HDD (for both the system and the files). I will copy those files to an external HDD to make sure I keep those copies.

After I made the system back-up, Windows asked to create a "system recovery disk", which I temporarily ignored because I'm having a problem with this. My laptop does not support "USB boot" (I figured this out while updating to Windows 10) and he can't write DVD's too... It has a CD/DVD driver, lucky enough, so there still might be some options to create a "Windows 10 disk".

Is there a way to create the files for a "system recovery disk" of my laptop (I also wonder how big that file would be?), copy those files to an external HDD afterwards (with plenty of other stuff on, so I don't want it to erase everything!), take that external HDD to another PC and burn it on a DVD there? If so, is there some very trustable program to do this and some manual to follow?

Greetings

:)

rednal, Jan 14, 2020

2. Files waiting to be burned on disk error

Hello,

As you want to remove the notification for "Files waiting to be burned", I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open This PC.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder
    • Delete the files preset in the above location and check for status.

Note: This will delete the files which have been selected to burn on CD/DVD.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

Windows 10 recovery drive disks

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Windows Backup Recovery disks on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the disks?
    Suggest you to insert those disks in a different PC to check if you are able to access your data.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc

1. Windows 10 - Burning system recovery disk on another pc - Similar Threads - Burning system recovery

2. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning DVD for System Repair Disk: For full time for 10+ days have been trying to create a "system repair disk" on a blank DVD. I've tried everything that is at all promising, and so far nothing works. 10 days of full time work is a very long time to do some routine task. The computer is an HP laptop. The...
  3. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning DVD for System Repair Disk: For full time for 10+ days have been trying to create a "system repair disk" on a blank DVD. I've tried everything that is at all promising, and so far nothing works. 10 days of full time work is a very long time to do some routine task. The computer is an HP laptop. The...
  4. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  6. System image or recovery disk

System image or recovery disk: Hi,New Year Greetings.If I make a system image copy, do I still need to create a recovery disk? What are the differences, and how much space does recovery disk takes? Does it have to be on a exclusive, stand-alone disk.One final question - does recovery disk also makes copy...
  7. Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system: If Disk Management shows two Disc with certain partition and Windows is installed in a partition of a disc. If the system is reinstalled/formatted, then the window is reinstalled on the same partition on which it was. But what to do if I want to install the window in another...
  8. burn to disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn to disk: How do I burn data to a dvd without formatting the dvd. I am looking for how to override the apparent default and just burn the data to the dvd. Windows 10 tries to format the dvd and renders the disk unusable in the process. Please repair the burn to disk feature as this is...
  9. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  10. Burning to a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning to a disk: Could someone recommend a simple programme to burn a file to a disk as finally given up trying to understand Win 10's instructions which are beyond useless. Tried next to download one which came with a free virus, now gone, so anything tried and trusted would now be most...