Windows 10: Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Forgive me - I don't know much about this, but so far my company is at a loss. We manage 12 offices, all running Windows 10 Enterprise. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoleBudinger, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings

Forgive me - I don't know much about this, but so far my company is at a loss.

We manage 12 offices, all running Windows 10 Enterprise. We have several machines that run necessary USB connected scanning related devices and eSignature pads. We've recently started running into issues with the Automatic Windows Updates. These devices are having constant communication issues to the machine/software which we've discovered is remedied by Disabling the default USB Selective Suspend setting. We had previously disabled this setting on all necessary devices when it discovered.

However, it appears this setting is being re-enabled with Windows updates. I had inquired with my IT on if we could somehow establish an org-wide power default with this disabled that would prevent the Windows Updates from resetting the power settings, but they seem to believe this won't work.

I had one vendor recommend configuring the settings in the Group Policy.

Does anyone know if this will work? Currently, we're just crossing our fingers the monthly updates aren't resetting things and then having to troubleshoot and re-establish desired settings. It's taking multiple staff members far too long on a regular basis to get my offices up and running.

Side question - if this would work, can a similar policy be built for folder permissions?

:)

NicoleBudinger, Feb 6, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 6, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 6, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings

1. Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings - Similar Threads - Business Automatic Updates

2. Windows 10 set automatic location update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 set automatic location update: How do I set the automatic location update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-set-automatic-location-update/8fc22fa1-12a0-4636-a0bc-8c14f50ec48c
  3. Windows 10 set automatic location update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 set automatic location update: How do I set the automatic location update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-set-automatic-location-update/8fc22fa1-12a0-4636-a0bc-8c14f50ec48c
  4. Windows 10 set automatic location update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Settings - No Automatic Shutoff: Have the settings at 5 for screen off and 10 or 30 for power off. Automatic screen shuts off is okay. Power does not go off automatically. The computer will go into sleep state using the keyboard key. I ried the Windows trouble shooting tool for a fix but it did not find any...
  6. Power settings automatically changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  7. Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Power Up on Windows 10: Every night, I shut down and power off my machine, which is running Windows 10 64-bit. Almost every morning approx. 99/100, when I get up and go to my office, my machine is up and running. This is from a shut down and powered off state. I have observed this happening,...
  8. Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 7 & 10 Power/Sleep Settings Reverting Automatically: Have been having an issue with computer going to sleep after 15 min of inactivity. I set a custom power plan, but it keep reverting back to 15 min sleep mode automatically. This has been happening on Windows 7 and 10 machines....
  9. automatic update in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic update in settings: where do i see the option to install automatic updates? I am given the "pause" option, but not the automatic update one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-in-settings/1ca0651c-d6a8-4d64-999b-d7e9dc511f8c
  10. How to automatically set power setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically set power setting?: When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high performance when i turn on my laptop unplugged, and I have to manually change to either power saving or balance. Is there a...