Windows 10: Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate

Discus and support Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Per the subject, at one location we have a lot of Windows 7 machines that we'd like to get upgraded to Windows 10 and then activate as Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paul Kecun, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate

Per the subject, at one location we have a lot of Windows 7 machines that we'd like to get upgraded to Windows 10 and then activate as Windows 10 Business as a part of an M365 Business Premium subscription.

We have ADConnect setup to ensure Hybrid Azure AD along with GPO's for autoenrollment in InTune.

To ensure a fresh / clean start, we are installing Windows 10 using the "generic" retail key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

All of the above is working and have confirmed that when logging in with a licensed user, the edition is automatically switching from Windows 10 Pro to "Windows 10 Business - Subscription is Active" but Windows then fails to activate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/set-up-windows-devices?view=o365-worldwide indicates: "If you have Windows devices running Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro, your Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscription entitles you to a Windows 10 upgrade."

If I change the product key to use the affixed OEM Windows 7 Product Key sticker, the activation is successful but I was really hoping to avoid having to do this as we've automated everything else. Is anyone aware of a workaround? Is there a generic Windows 10 Business Key or similar that can be used rather than having manually touch each workstation to activate?

:)

Paul Kecun, Jun 30, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 activation question

Mine finally did although it was about 6 or so hours after as it was saying failed to activate.

AsRock, Jun 30, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate

Modernizing Windows Deployment with Windows 10 Subscription Activation

Source: Modernizing Windows Deployment with Windows 10 Subscription Activation Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate

1. Windows 10 Business - Subscription Active but fails to activate - Similar Threads - Business Subscription Active

2. ACTIVITIES and BUSINESSES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACTIVITIES and BUSINESSES: KINDLY FOLLOW AS CHOSEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activities-and-businesses/6914410a-5016-4456-a875-0183d5211ed2
  3. ACTIVITIES and BUSINESSES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACTIVITIES and BUSINESSES: KINDLY FOLLOW AS CHOSEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activities-and-businesses/6914410a-5016-4456-a875-0183d5211ed2
  4. Windows Subscription Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subscription Activation Issues: We are currently having issue with Windows Subscription Activation not working on some of our Windows 11 devices in our school environment. The devices are Windows 11 Pro but notice that when added to Azure via autopilot they are automatically being upgraded to Windows 11...
  5. Windows Subscription Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subscription Activation Issues: We are currently having issue with Windows Subscription Activation not working on some of our Windows 11 devices in our school environment. The devices are Windows 11 Pro but notice that when added to Azure via autopilot they are automatically being upgraded to Windows 11...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise subscription is active but Windows is not activated in the same time??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise subscription is active but Windows is not activated in the same time??: My colleague's new laptop came with Ubuntu, so I installed Windows 10 with a flash drive from your media creation tool from your site. Our company has Windows 10 licenses. But his won't activate although it detects his Microsoft work profile. Any help? We have a Microsoft 365...
  7. Windows 10 Business is not activated

Windows 10 Business is not activated: I have Office 365 Business Premium subscription. The subscription includes Windows 10 business. I set up Windows 10 according to guide on link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/set-up-windows-devices?view=o365-worldwide. I'm using this computer more...
  8. Windows Hello for Business not activating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business not activating: I have a Hybrid Azure AD environment in my company. We have chosen the Windows Hello for Business key trust model and Carefully followed the following guide:...
  9. activate new subscription

activate new subscription: Trying to activate my microsoft 365 family but keep on getting this: Sorry, we can't set up your account right now Hang on to your product key, and try again later. If this happens again, contact support. Error code: ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch...
  10. Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business

Activate Windows 10 problem, I have subscription for Microsoft 365 for business: Hello, I bought a subscription to Microsoft 365 for Business (which also includes a subscription to Windows 10). I repeat, it's a business subscription. I bought a new laptop (Dell) without a windows license (with ubuntu operating system). I downloaded from...