Windows 10: Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

Discus and support Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gabbett1, Apr 26, 2022.

1. gabbett1 Win User

Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them.

:)

gabbett1, Apr 26, 2022

2. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

I am having problems with my start button and search bar they don't respond the right click on the start button does work though.

BIGGEST CHUNGUS, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

1. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding - Similar Threads - button search bar

2. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  3. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  4. Search bar and windows start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and windows start menu button not working: I've tried to restart file explorer in task manager, never helped, ran sfc, said it found corrupted files, and fixed it, but still never helped, what else can I try to fix those two options on the taskbar? submitted by /u/Cerberus45GTX [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them....
  6. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them....
  7. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  8. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  9. windows 10 start menu search bar

in Cortana
    windows 10 start menu search bar: Hello, i recently installed windows 10 on my new computer and have noticed that the search bar doesnt work, whenever I use the search bar it only gets to about 3 letters, freezes then closes after about 10-15 seconds if anyone could explain why this is happening or howIi...
  10. windows 10 start button isn't responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 start button isn't responding: my start button isn't responding when the keyboard windows button is depressed and also when the mouse is used to click the start button it isn't responding either...