Windows 10: Windows 10, C Drive Access

Discus and support Windows 10, C Drive Access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro & it has 1 admin account and no local account. One day accidentally I have removed all the read-write permission for all user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kumar Prabhu Ratnam, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10, C Drive Access

I am using windows 10 pro & it has 1 admin account and no local account. One day accidentally I have removed all the read-write permission for all user of my c drive. Now C drive is not opening & Many installed software stopped working, How can I regain access without lose of data?

:)

Kumar Prabhu Ratnam, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Windows 10, C Drive Access

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CWindows 10, C Drive Access :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, C Drive Access

1. Windows 10, C Drive Access - Similar Threads - Drive Access

2. I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive: I had one Windows on one hard drive and then installed a second windows on another drive. So I had two Windows two boot on one or another both Windows 11 Then I Bitlocker the second drive directly from its Windows but when it did the first retart to verify the keys, the blue...
  3. I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive: I had one Windows on one hard drive and then installed a second windows on another drive. So I had two Windows two boot on one or another both Windows 11 Then I Bitlocker the second drive directly from its Windows but when it did the first retart to verify the keys, the blue...
  4. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  5. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  6. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  8. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  9. HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?: I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BLOCK MICROSOFT FROM ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO HACK MY PC AND READ THROUGH MY FILES AND INSTALL UPDATES WITHOUT PERMISSION. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM BREAKING THE LAW AND USING MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? IT'S...
  10. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade