Windows 10: Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode

Discus and support Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am in trouble as I tried to extend c drive partition of sony vaio which has windows 10 pro and came with windows 7 from factory.I used the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chetan Raj, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode

I am in trouble as I tried to extend c drive partition of sony vaio which has windows 10 pro and came with windows 7 from factory.I used the process First, I shrink space from other drive then used move/resize with help of EASEUS.COM app. Then extended c drive successfully. When I restarted my laptop, it is going to recovery mode, I am unable to boot into my windows 10. Please help me.

:)

Chetan Raj, Jun 17, 2021

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jun 17, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Extending C: Drive

Hi EugeneM_

From your screenshot, if that is the whole drive, which I assume is a 128GB SSD, there is no room to extend your C drive

The partition on the left, is the boot partition, then your C Drive, then the Windows Recovery Partition, your C drive is currently at the maximum size . . .

DaveM121, Jun 17, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode

Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

Hi Johann

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Windows has very limited partitioning capability, it can only extend into unallocated space that is immediately to the right of your C drive, if that recovery partition is between your C drive and the unallocated space, Windows cannot extend your C drive

You will need to use a 3rd party partitioning utility to extend your C drive, the free version of AOMEI Partition Assistant is totally free, fully featured and easy to use.

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager...

With that you can select your C drive, click Merge, then add the unallocated space and click Apply . . .

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode

1. Windows 10 c drive partition extend booting in recovery mode - Similar Threads - drive partition extend

2. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  3. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  4. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:: I am not able to unpartition my C: drive and I got advice from the web to remove the allocated drive next to it, but I have a recovery partition next to it. Very confused because I cannot access or delete it to extend C:. Most hopeful that I get an answer as soon as possible....
  6. recovery boot partition in not on my C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery boot partition in not on my C drive: recovery boot partition in not on my C drive, and I have two of them the newer one is larger, and I can't seem to delete either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-boot-partition-in-not-on-my-c-drive/9024d0dc-ef26-44f3-861c-5e73c4987839
  7. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive: I bought a 500gb nvme ssd for my pc and I installed while my old sata 250gb drive was still in there (which had windows installed on it). I installed windows on it and instead of creating those partitions on the drive, it treated it like a dual boot system and it just used...
  8. Cannot extend C Drive because Recovery Partition in front of Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot extend C Drive because Recovery Partition in front of Windows (C:): [ATTACH] Guys, I recently in-place upgraded a windows 7 computer to Windows 10 by means of cloning the source disk to a new SSD and then in-place upgrading.. How can I safely move the 869MB partition that is in front of the C Drive? I would like to extend the C Volume...
  9. Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...

Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...: Hi, I would like to extend my C drive as it is often full but I cant seem to do it because the partition next to C is the healthy recovery partition. What should I do? Can I delete the healthy recovery partition? Will that be okay? Or is there a way to move the healthy...
  10. Recovery partition getting in the way of extending C: partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery partition getting in the way of extending C: partition: Hello everyone, This is my very first post to this forum, so please don't bite my head off if my question has been answered already or if it's in the wrong section. *Redface So, I've had this 1Tb HDD lying around unused, so I had the bright idea of shoving it in place...