Windows 10: Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out

Discus and support Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that the free space of my C drive is decreasing gradually and it reached from 16GB to 3.5 GB. Still I am getting average speed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irfan Najib, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out

Recently I noticed that the free space of my C drive is decreasing gradually and it reached from 16GB to 3.5 GB. Still I am getting average speed on my laptop. But why this is happening and how to fix it.
    *** Recently I have done a full system update on my laptop.

:)

Irfan Najib, Nov 19, 2018

2. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out

1. Windows 10 C Drive Storage Running Out - Similar Threads - Drive Storage Running

2. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me: My OS is installed on my 256gb SSD and I need storage on the SSD for a game I like playing I need it on the SSD for fast loading times and the storage seems to be running out by itself and sometimes when I delete files from the settings>system>storage then instead of getting...
  3. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me: My OS is installed on my 256gb SSD and I need storage on the SSD for a game I like playing I need it on the SSD for fast loading times and the storage seems to be running out by itself and sometimes when I delete files from the settings>system>storage then instead of getting...
  4. storage is running out on C drive by itself and windows storage settings are lying to me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. C drive storage

C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  6. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  7. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  8. C Drive running out of space

C Drive running out of space: Hi, my laptop's local disk C: drive seems to be constantly filling up. I have an Acer Aspite V17, the C drive is 118GB and the D drive is 931GB. I work as an audio engineer and download a few GB worth of files each day to the laptop but always have the projects and the files...
  9. Running out of storage in C Drive

Running out of storage in C Drive: I'm running out of storage in my C drive and tried to clean my drive. When I checked Settings>Storage, I found that out of the 239 GB space in my C drive, about 179 GB is occupied by Other people. When I clicked on Other People it showed me 3 other accounts of my family...
  10. Drive C storage

Drive C storage: How do I create more storagenspace in Drive C in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-storage/21e7967f-84bb-461e-b9d7-4f812b931a6b"