Windows 10: Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user who is running Windows 10 1904 and the entire c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing. I have tried doing a repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FallonSteve1, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing

I have a user who is running Windows 10 1904 and the entire c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing. I have tried doing a repair on Office to see if it would come back as I originally found the situation while trying to fix an issue with Outlook that requires me to go into the Outlook directory in that area. Any ideas why it would be missing and how to bring it back?

:)

FallonSteve1, Aug 17, 2021

2. Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

I changed my old username to . Now I want programs to use C:\Users\\AppData\Local instead of C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local

MadCrazyEagle, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

Hello

I'd like to change C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local to another folder (C:\Users\\AppData\Local). How do I proceed?

MadCrazyEagle, Aug 17, 2021
  4. EviLZeD Win User

Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing

GTAIV Game saves

All i do is backup the savegames folder from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

and the folder named content located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Content

then just replace them after installing gta 4 worked for me many times.

EviLZeD, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing

1. Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing - Similar Threads - users%username%appdatalocalMicrosoft folder missing

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  4. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  5. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  6. Username in the Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username in the Users Folder: Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous...
  7. Windows C > Users > personal folder missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows C > Users > personal folder missing: I need to preface my question by saying I am not very computer savvy, as will be seen momentarily. I was attempting to install a program on a new computer. After I downloaded the file to the computer, I was unable to locate it. I looked for it in the location I thought I...
  8. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>"

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>": "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>" refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and...
  9. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  10. Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames: Ok, I'm so confused I don't know if I will make sense, but I will try. Windows update hosed my networking. So while I was trying to fix it, I noticed something really strange. My Users folder is in my C drive, my root drive. What? So my administrator, default,...